Originally posted here by IKnowNot
4) the right functions on first hard drive are physically limited by a key switch ( actual interrupt of the wires which control writes. This allows, when necessary, to update the OS, etc. without too much difficulty, when absolutely necessary. Could also apply to bios changes: I liked the old jumpers )
Originally posted here by thehorse13
Yeah, there is no easy solution to this, which is why you don't have wide spread adoption today. I'm thinking that the only road home on this is to somehow integate it into the OS design. Again, no small or easy task.
Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
Until we come up with an OS that doesn't allow outside executable code to run except in an environment where it is isolated from data then there will always be malware..... and we will always have jobs.....
I agree with all of these notions...

I can see that IKnowNot's particular pattern could be deployed in almost every environment to some extent... Is this something we could deploy now? From a[n?] Unix perspective I believe this could be done quite easily... I have often thought about having binaries for a locked down server on a CD or other read-only partition...

The CD to thwart those who may want to use the binaries other when doing maintenance or RO if I am using the system often and don't want the performance hit...