Thread: FireFox Users

FireFox Users

MS has finally seen the light and has relented........

Microsoft Makes Windows Validation Plug-In For Firefox

By Gregg Keizer, TechWeb News

Microsoft this week released a plug-in for the rival Firefox browser so that users can validate their Windows systems prior to downloading software from the Redmond, Wash.-based developer's Web site.

Before the plug-in's release, customers were forced to use Microsoft's own Internet Explorer to run the ActiveX control required by Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation. Microsoft uses WGA to ensure that the copy of Windows running on the PC is legitimate; validation has been since mid summer to access any program from the Redmond, Wash.-based developer's Downloads Centre

The plug-in, which can be installed fromGenuine Validation Tool to any Mozilla-based browser, Firefox included, does the duty of the ActiveX command.

Customers told Microsoft that "We want to make sure our PCs are running genuine Windows and have access to all the content on the Microsoft Download Center," said Brad Graziadio, the head of the WGA team, on the Internet Explorer blog site.
    http://www.techweb.com/showArticle.j...leID=174400225
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

fire fox

fire fox only!!!!.....lucky them

opera on the other hand, i guess, isnt so lucky. even though its the third most widely used browser.
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

Banned
    It may be #3... but look at the market share.

I see no reason for MS to support Opera in any way. As long as they provide for a 3rd party solution. Hopefully this will extend a bit further, but whatever. This is progress.

Opera #3? I thought safari had a bigger share than Opera

(and yes i do realise this wouldn't effect MS but I still thought it had a bigger share than Opera? Feel free to correct me if wrong)

Originally posted here by valhallen
    Opera #3? I thought safari had a bigger share than Opera

(and yes i do realise this wouldn't effect MS but I still thought it had a bigger share than Opera? Feel free to correct me if wrong)

valhallen

Reviews rate it

Don't know how old this is, but Safari is no slouch.

Claude Swanson

fire fox

alright then, the link certainly says that opera is way back in the rating.

opera does every thing that firefox does, then more.

am not marketing for opera. but the users know
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

Yes, but Firefox has always been free, whereas you used to have to pay for Opera. Therefore, Firefox managed to get some buzz going while Opera pretty much stayed where it was.

I get about 15% of visitors using Firefox on my sites, which isn't too shabby. Much less for Opera. Even less for Mozilla which is what I use.

am not marketing for opera. but the users know
    hey.....you still finished ahead of IE (if that's any consolation). But like I mentioned the review might be old, poor old Flock comes up last, but I am sure it is starting to move up.

Claude Swanson

Come on People. Some People prefer Firefox, some Opera and some like other Web Browser which are on the Market. But we forget what the Point is. The Point is that Microsoft had to response to a threat from a Third Party which doesn't come every Day. A few Years ago People would have laughed about the Idea that BIG BIG Microsoft has to repsonse to a small firm.