Trouble With Auditor

Thread: Trouble With Auditor

Internet Trouble With Auditor

This isn't a big deal but kind of annoying. I installed Auditor to my HD and everytime I restart my computer and try to get on the internet it doesn't detect my settings until I go to network config and re-release my IP. Is there anything I can do to make it detect my settings permanently?

Sound Not Working on Auditor

I installed Auditor to my HD and I can't get it to detect my soundcard. I haven't had any troubles with any other distro but this one seems to give me more problems, but I really like it so any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

That sounds very much like a driver problem. I have heard that sound cards can be an issue with Auditor.

If you are still dual booting, you might like to test the hardware with another OS, just in case

Write yourself a logon/boot script?

What you must realise is that Auditor is a toolkit for penetration testing and the like. It is actually intended to be run from a bootable floppy. You are running it from a hard drive, but please don't expect it to run exactly like a standard distro in those circumstances?

Because it is primarily a toolkit, it has to be fairly generic to work in variable environments.

Come to think of it I can't think of anyone who runs KNOPPIX as their OS

These guys tend to be a bit lightweight in some functionality support (and drivers )

I kind of had a feeling that someone would say that, but its ok, I will write a logon\boot script and see what happens. I guess just keep fiddling with it. I appreciate the response nihil!

Yeah I've had previous Linux OS's on there like fedora core, madriva, and I think I tried knoppix and they all detected my sound card. But of course the one OS I pick (Auditor) has to give me trouble! OH well I guess it's like what you said earlier about it not being fully supported since it's supposed to boot from the cd and not be installed to the HD. Either way thanks again for the response Nihil.

Hi ViRalNeXxUs

For confirmation, check it out with Irongeek...............he knows that software real well. Might even be able to point you to an audio driver?

Hi ViRalNeXxUs

I tried to answer you in your other thread...............Irongeek certainly knows the software and Gore is pretty damn cool when it comes to Linux distros...............I will swear he has more distros than some of those fancy ice cream parlors (parlours ) have flavors (flavours)

Two out of the three I know that use it have come back, but can't help as they use it off the CD in office environments (no sound card)...............what sound card is it that you have?

You know what I'm kind of embarrassed to say but I have a Dell Dimension 2400!
    Name SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
    It's a factory installed soundcard. My whole computer in general is crap.. Until I save up enough money to build me a bad ass one. Ya I spoke with Irongeek before and he's the one that got me more excited about linux and recommended to try Auditor. I like it so much because it had everything I needed and I didn't have to go and download all the tools. I think when I get enough money and buy my new computer I'm going to use SUSE because I've heard nothing but good things about it. What kind of OS do you run? And what in your personal experience do you like best?