Thread: Poll problem!

Poll problem!

I don't know if this is a bug, or just a system once-in-awhile disturbance, the totall of the votes is not accurate, and I could found xierox's and other members {sb and ookfi}in many of the vote options! you can find them attached accordingly!
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Notice and compare the names in this list with the preceding picture ...
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf

So is just me, or what?

Elite Hacker
    I believe some of the polls have checkboxes where you can check as many choices as you want. This must have been one of them. So even if you check 5 choices, it must only count as one vote.

edit
    I see, the votes per option seems to be off by one.

Yeah! I tested this a minute ago, multiple-choices has an option but the total votes is note accurate, the test I made was accurate! So what's the problem?

I believe that "total votes" should read "total VOTERS "

So, if you have a multichoice poll you can have more votes than voters?

Originally posted here by nihil

So, if you have a multichoice poll you can have more votes than voters?
    Hi Nihil,

test.jpg shows otherwise!

Sorry mate, I didn't express myself clearly. What I am saying is that we have two tables, arrays or whatever in the database. One is storing votes, and the other people who voted.

So, one table populates the cells with the number of votes whilst the other one populates the "total votes" cell. Apparently this is with the total number of people who voted, rather than the votes that they cast?

What I was suggesting is that the description is incorrect.

A classic metadata versus derived values database issue? At least derived values lie consistently?