just asking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just asking

just asking

hi,

i know this is stupid questions...
    i am a newbie here and i noticed that some senior here are they know each other very well.
    it seems that they are classmates during their school year. who are/ is the one founded/ started this AO site? is there a history when and how it was started?

just asking...

Here is a link:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...0&pagenumber=2

I must say I was totally impressed by the quality of the posts .................bring back "the good old days"??????????????????????

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

thanks Nihil,

so it was July 30, 2001 (7:27am) posted by John Vranesevich.
    so it means atleast there should be a 5th year Anniversary Celebration this coming July 2006.
    so what will be the happenings... is there any suggestions?

i have one - how about the senior member to give us antipoints as a GIFT for those who are newbie... like me..... hehehe!

Originally posted here by @tt!tud3
    thanks Nihil,

so it was July 30, 2001 (7:27am) posted by John Vranesevich.
    so it means atleast there should be a 5th year Anniversary Celebration this coming July 2006.
    so what will be the happenings... is there any suggestions?

i have one - how about the senior member to give us antipoints as a GIFT for those who are newbie... like me..... hehehe!
    then you will be AP-Whiner, this would let you be exposed and subjected to instant death ... by what you demnded, APs, I mean negatives. As you did not mention whether you want Positive or Negatvie! I need to balance my APs, wait you then!
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Originally posted here by Black Cluster
    then you will be AP-Whiner, this would let you be exposed and subjected to instant death ... by what you demnded, APs, I mean negatives. As you did not mention whether you want Positive or Negatvie! I need to balance my APs, wait you then!
    am just only joking... i know APs are for those who are deserving....
    please dont misunderstood my post...

Be sure, I didn't ...

Welcome to AO
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

This site has come a long way since I established it way back in 1993
    well 5 years in the forum format it will be.. interesting when my alter ego joined a month or so later the site had become impressive.. well it was to me then..

Very few body's still around from those days... and prolly less from the even earlier days of AO

As was: http://web.archive.org/web/200107200...ntionline.com/
    a monthafter the change to forum format: http://web.archive.org/web/200109251...ntionline.com/

While on the wayback machine check out the earlier captures of AO like 1998.. check out the staff ..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

thanks for that info Und3ertak3r...

but as of now there's only few senior members who are still active here in AO...? and I noticed that the seniors here have their own designation such as: "The Doctor, The Manipulator, Moderator, AO Addict, Senior Member, Junior Member, AO Newbie, etc...)
    who are giving this designation or title? is this automatic title?
    for the newbie i have no questions about that. but for the junior member and senior member -how they will become a junior and senior? is there any specific APs that you should have or they are depending on years they member on AO...?

Hi @tt!tud3

As your question has not been asked in this particular way before, I will attempt to answer:

Addict

Are standard titles that relate to this site. They generally reflect a member's "activity" or "contribution" to the site. Some people can achieve the highest status rather quickly, although I would point out that it is quality of contribution, rather than quantity that is important.

The strange names are called "custom titles" which you can have after 2 years, becoming a senior member and gaining sufficient approval from your fellow members. You do not have to have one if you qualify, but don't want one.

Administrator

Moderators look after the various forums and the site in general. They are selected from the ranks of the contributing members.

Administrators are employees of the site owners (JupiterMedia) they have a broader overseeing role and do technical stuff that relate to hosting a website.

That's about it