Thread: Sound drivers

Sound drivers

Ok got a quick question for everyone. I have Windows XP Pro SP2, but my box has no sound drivers on it. My Install cd isnt quite working at the moment so i can't just put it in to get them off of it.

What I was wondering is are there any generic type sound drivers taht i can just download that will work? Kinda like how you can go to ATI's web-site and just download a general install file for all of thier vid card drivers by what OS you are running.

I should note that i do not have a pci or agp sound card, i am still useing the onboard sound.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

AOs Resident Troll
    Well..then you need to know what board it is...

go to the board manufacturer and see what sound card it is...and see if the board manufacturer has a drive...or use google to find the driver

Usually you get some documentation with your computer...it should be in that

Other then that you may need to pop open the box...and look for the model\manufacturer stamped right on the board.

I havent been successful with generic sound card drivers....they seem to be very picky

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Bah, thats what i thought but hoped i was wrong. I STILL don't have internet access at my house. When we first moved in among all of the "use our services" advertisements we got like painting, window treatments exc. was a thing from SBC telling us to get thier dsl. Well after almost an hour on the phone with them we get told that thier service isn't available in our area. So now i get to wait another 2 weeks for comcast to get someone out there to hook the **** up. And even thought i have internet access at work, obviously, none of the boxs here have any burnable drives or a disk drive so i can download drivers here but can't transfer them to my box. . . .

ok im done venting now

O well thanks for the quick response regarding yet another simple issue that i couldn't figure out.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

www.thevaselines.co.uk/audio.zip (these always worked for me, try them, no harm if they dont work just uninstall them).
    O.G at A.O

thanks very much ©opy®ight i will definatly try those.
    Benjamin Franklin

Well those generic drivers didn't work for me, but no biggy since i just uninstalled them. I actually paid attention to my screen during boot and found out that i have an AMI motherboard. I went to thier site to try and find the drivers, but the ones that they said were for my mobo didn't work either. Then i noticed that at the bottom of the screen during the boot a really really long set of numbers appear that look like a serial, and one of the sets was nFORCE.

So off to nvidia's website i go and sure enough found what i needed there.

Thanks again for your quick responses and willingness to help.
    Benjamin Franklin