Thread: Data Recovery

Data Recovery

Hi,

I have a problem and am not sure if it's salvageable...My husband, bought a motherboard that didn't work and in the process of finding out that it didn't work formated the hard drive. We had our hard drive partitioned and moved all our documents to d:. Normally it would just format c: when you format c:. Anyways, when he started to install windows again...apparently it was the entire hard drive. Is there any way to recover the data that has been lost on my d:? I've got a lot of pictures and files that I can't really get back if it can't be recovered. Please help if you can. Thanks.

Depends on if the drive was NTFS or not.

http://recoverycenter.bestsearchport...-tiramisu.html

If it was NTFS you'll have to know the cluster size and have to search for another recovery tool..

THe one listed above has helped be in the past with some success on NTFS drives.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

I'm also using the computer with the hard drive in it 'cause it's the only one I've got. Thanks

Hey Hey,

Prolly the best recovery tool I've seen is File Scavenger.... After a format we managed to recover almost every file that the user had lost... It's tiny enough to fit on a floppy/USB key (so that you don't need to worry about overwriting any more files)...

It's also reasonably priced ($45.00)... Throw it on a floppy, let it run and you're done.

Since you're using the computer that you are wanting to recover files from, might I suggest that while you're waiting for a solution, you do things like setting your IE Temp files to 0MB of space (don't cache basically)... This will avoid overwriting other files and possibly losing them... there are other things you can do as well (don't download, etc)...

File Scavenger can be found @ http://www.quetek.com/prod02.htm

Peace,
    HT

Thanks for your help, I will keep trying