Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow run :(

Slow run :(

On one of company computers one (company related)program runs slow (when searching in the databse for events) just on one of computers.
    One way is to reinstall, but it takes a long time and all those license and keys....

I traid to clear registry and register that app. related dlls and repair database with build in functions but with no results.
    It is WinXP with SP1, computer is clean and defragmebted.
    (I am afraid to update to SP2)

I not know if it is some fast way out. It may also not exist.....
    // too far away outside of limit

Hi MrB~

<start>
    <settings>
    <taskbar & start menu>
    <advanced>

Clear the history

Clear browser history & cache

Clear Java cache

Boot into safe mode and defragment

Not sure what version of XP your using nihil but those directions get a tad confusing after <start>!

Originally posted here by Nokia
    Not sure what version of XP your using nihil but those directions get a tad confusing after <start>!
    I'm just not sure which operating system he's using.... hehe

I've got Start --> Control Panel --> Taskbar & Start Menu
    Yet there's no Advanced tab.. (XP Pro)

Then.. I've got

Start --> Settings --> Taskbar & Start Menu --> Advanced and then I've got a Clear button but that only clears my Recent Documents/History seems like a pretty moot point that won't accomplish much (especially since the rest are just single commands) (2000 Pro)

*tells nihil to just go back to sipping his pint*

Peace,
    HT

Windows2000 Pro

They are all there for me.....................I seem to recall that MrB~ has Win2000 at work, but I might well be wrong?

Re: Slow run :(

Originally posted here by MrBabis
    It is WinXP with SP1, computer is clean and defragmebted.
    Like I said.... Have another pint :P

oops sorry i forgot to add... that happends after that software was updated.....

I have no rights to install or uninstall that software and must to work around of that problem....

"ouch....

Originally posted here by MrBabis
    oops sorry i forgot to add... that happends after that software was updated.....

I have no rights to install or uninstall that software and must to work around of that problem....

"ouch....
    Hey Hey,

If it happened when you installed the program and you don't have the rights to uninstall it... it sounds like you're basically SOL... submit a request to have it uninstalled... Maybe the helpdesk/techies will come by and fix it for you... Does the computer have lower specs than the others that are running the software? Do you have a lot of extra things running in the background? How many processes are running? What are they, how much RAM is used, how much do you have... how much does this program want.. what's your processor speed... It sounds like the computer is just being over worked...

Peace,
    HT

----
    RAM 512
    Pentium 2.4
    ----
    All other programs works fine.
    Thank you all, I se that just one way left is to get suport from software developers and rights to reinstall
    ----

Your kidding right..........

There must have been 20+ security patches since SP2 came out, I would be very surprised if it is only the fact, that you tried to do an install/reinstall and messed with dll's, that the program is slow.

Bite the bullet and get SP2, otherwise spend hours cleaning the crap that is going to if not allready infect that PC, you might want to consider this as maybe one of the reasons it is sloooooow.

And if it is not doing it automatically, you will have to re-enable windows auto update in the services(sounds like it was disabled)http://www.cs.duke.edu/csl/faqs/autoupdate.php

Services
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson