Thread: New search engine.

New search engine.

Just found a new search engine for the internet. It is called EXAlead. It finds more or less the same results as google so you can go through the whole list of results but it also regroups the results in to different topics so you can just pick the group that is closes to what you are looking for and check throught that group. Here are the reults or a search done for Antionline.

search results by Exalead
    Let me know what you guys think of it.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    It's kinda neat.

It can be added to the firefox search bar list thingy which is handy.

Nice one ta.

i personally wouldn't use it simply because it's to difficult to remember the name. wereas with google it's simple and easy to remember..

Maybe give it time though and i might be singing a different tune about it..

cheers
    front2back:.

It seems to me that the results page is way too cluttered. Too many colors... makes my eyes hurt.

BTW: How tacky does AO look in the images on the left. Huge banner ads in most of the images. lol
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

it's good coz atleast there's a preview.....

I keep getting the French version I'll stick with google.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I'm just waiting for McGoogle
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    I would have to agree with Phish, its a good concept but, to many colors and it seems "cluttered" to me.... if they worked on that a little it would be a better search engine but still Google is awesome lol
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted