Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sandisk 512MB Flash Drive

arrgh, now when I plug it in it says "found new hardware ADIR ROM". I am assuming my flash drive is now screwed . . . also, sometimes it will know that it is a flash drive when I go into My Computer, but when I double click it, it says: "Please Insert a disk into Drive E:"

Now, I think the best solution is to buy a new one, and put the old one in the package, return it, and now I have a new one. There isn't anything wrong with this anyway, because it has a two year warranty, and I haven't had it that long. And its easier to do it this way. Do you see anything wrong with this?

No, nothing wrong there, they generally have a warranty of 2-5 years. Even allowing for the finite number of cycles that the transistors can handle they should last significantly longer than that.

Also, you followed their instructions. With the new one I would recommend that you follow ours.

Also, if you start to experience problems, save all data and deliberately reformat it perhaps once a fortnight or month depending on how much you use it

I have certainly encountered problems with Sandisk SD cards in digital cameras and that seemed to be the work around. I am sure that it is something to do with their software/firmware, perhaps it has been fixed

ok, thanks guys! I'll make sure to so wat you guys said. I guess that was nieve of me to think that they would last through that abuse. (I WAS using it like a HD, saving to it about every 45 seconds )