Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Petition To Stop The Ban On The Use Of "Christmas" By Major Retailers

Banned
    I love you, too

sure lots of retailers sell holiday trees but not one of them sell stands to put them in. you have to use a christmas tree stand. so if someone's really against christmas but wants to celebrate the holiday i guess they have to stand there and hold the darned thing upright.

no holiday but christams uses this tree as part of its celebration.....it's a christmas tree pure and simple!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Congratulations...you've become a *typical* American.
    Are you sure Mel? with all that talk about daffodils I thought Neg might have been turning into a Welshman

merry christmas to u all i just dont understand why change the meaning of the time of year it is all about spending time with families celebrating the birth of christ it has just turned into a retailers paradise bleeding money from people making them put their selfs in debt to buy things that are way over priced.

I don't mean to offend anyones points of view but i feel the real meaning of the time of year has been lost to commercialized fantasies of father christmas producing everything a child wants.

We all love getting presents but i think to change the title from merry christmas to whatever they decide to change it to is simply just takin the christ out of christmas which is meant to be the meaning of that holiday after all it is the birth of our saviour

Banned
    Corporations don't believe in Jeebus.

Corporations don't believe in Jeebus.
    the corporations might not but i bet a huge percent of their workers do

Originally posted here by prods-bish
    the corporations might not but i bet a huge percent of their workers do
    Since when do they care about them?
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    GOD is an Englishman
    Ack Phttt! Nihil now you are talking rubbish

OverdueSpy: You unpatriotic bastard, you would force a store to use the term christams, a british holliday that the founding fathers not only didn't celbrate but activly fined people for celbrating its nice t osee that you hate our country and consitiution so much (just a tweak at the whole this is a christian nation group..)

Looking though a sears catalog cerca 1918...filled with happy holidays. dug up a macys ad circa 1950 filled withj happy hollidays...wow this term has been used for years to referance the holliday season that happens in december nothing new hear so why the current uproar???

If any one is wageing a war on chirstmas its the religious right...I tune to christams music stations to only hear crappy chriastian rock...I want my rudolph, my whte christmas...why has bing been replaced by notalent hacks sining backstreat oys type religious pop...I want my christmas music.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

I am sure that all of the mormans, Jahova witnesses, Eastern orthadox, and verious baptist falvors of christiantiy are offened every year a store runs a christmas add....are we sure that they are not the ones tryign to get rid of christmas???

Oh and wheres the proof...again in the past happy hollidays was heavely used, marry christmas is still heavly used, stores still have santa there for photos with the kid...besides some right wing fud (and stores useing the fud to profiteer) where is the proof. I expected better from you mathgirl.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?