Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No More Sygate Firewall

Egaladeist: You're right, I was thinking about the Kerio post.

Korp: I agree, ZoneAlarm seriously blows.. I'd take windows firewall over that garbage.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Hi Spyder,

I'll share the same response I gave Korp...

Eg

Boy am i glad that i downloaded the latest version to a disk. I really like this firewall and will continue to use it until i think that it is no longer valueable

Hoopy Frood
    Originally posted here by Spyder32
    'd take windows firewall over that garbage.
    Which is currently what I'm using... It's actually not too bad, from what I can tell, except that the logs suck and it doesn't have outgoing connection monitoring. In the grc.com ShieldsUp! test, all my ports came back stealthed because I'm being very careful what I allow through.

Boy am i glad that i downloaded the latest version to a disk. I really like this firewall and will continue to use it until i think that it is no longer valueable
    I wouldn't recommend it. Security holes are found in firewalls, too, not just other software. In fact, I've had two security patches for Kerio in past six months to a year. If you're counting on your firewall to be a big part of your security, I would want the comfort of knowing that any security holes that had been discovered in it were patched and not just sitting there.

- X
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

Shoot. The only firewall i used for windows ...

From what I know the best successor for sygate is Agnitum Outpost. You'll have to get a "weblicense" though.

Greetz

Banned
    Who the **** cares. Just keep using it? It's not like it all of a sudden doesn't block ports, or something. It still works, so just keep your old version and use that. You have to look at what they are doing when they update. Mostly they update to add new features, not to fix bugs and the like because there aren't that many (discovered yet).