Thread: FireFox 1.5 this afternoon

FireFox 1.5 this afternoon

Get ready...
    THE LATEST version of the Firefox web browser will be formally released this afternoon.

V 1.5 has been in beta for a while and it offers an automated update to streamline product upgrades.

It promises faster browser navigation with improvements to back and forward button performance, drag and drop reordering for browser tabs, better popup blocking and a quick Clear Private Data button.

Answers.com has now made it to the added to the search engine list and there is a roll back of security patches.

In addition there is a report a broken Web site wizard to report Web sites that are not working in Firefox and support for SVG, CSS 2 and CSS 3, and JavaScript 1.6 web standards.

There are also more security enhancements than you can poke a stick at. Firefox 1.0 appeared a year ago and the release of 1.5 is expected to come with a big marketing push from the Mozilla Foundation.
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27990
    New Firefox out today

previous post...

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=272246
    Firefox 1.5 to launch this week with marketing blitz

and just in time for my birthday today...geeeeeez....

Eg

Thanks for the heads up Egal!
    It's been a month or so using it! Cool performance and nifty as usual!

Got Beer?

\"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Well looks like i'd better update my signature then..
    Carn't be advertising an old product now can i..

f2b