Gmail difficulties

Thread: Gmail difficulties

Angry tired and carn't think, having Gmail difficulties

yada yada bla bla bla.

I've been trying for the last 2 days now, and i have not been able to log into gmail.
    i type it into the browser
    http://gmail.google.com

it lets me enter username and psswrd, i then press enter.
    then it gives me that loading screen and it just sits there i've tried pressing Ctrl+R to grab new data but that won't work, i've tried using FireFox, IE, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape
    and i get the same problem with each.
    The computer is running XP Pro Sp2
    it's fully updated no virii/spyware
    {I mean i've done complete scans in SafeMode and nothing turned up}
    have fiddled with setting's in all the above mentioned browsers and haven't had any luck.

i'm getting the same problem when i try with me debian and Phlak box's too.
    is it just me or is anyone else having this prob.?
    If not then what the heck am i not picking up on.

f2b

{Sorry if it's not in the right forum, i just thought this might be operating system related. }

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Hi f2b,

Took a quick look around...no solutions in my look but did come across a couple other people having the same problem as of yesterday's date...seems there was a similar problem back in June of this year as well...so...I don't think your problem is user related.

Eg

What ever the prob is, it's started to get really annoying, i mean every now and again there seem's to be some type of problem with gmail, i'm starting to wonder if it is really worth having an gmail account, cause it seems there always unaccesible when you really need 'em..

Me takes a sip of coffee and slowly calmes down.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Does your ISP use a web caching server? Could it be keeping the "misconfigured" gmail?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Does your ISP use a web caching server? Could it be keeping the "misconfigured" gmail?
    I'm gonna give them a call and see if they are running something like that, but i doubt that even if they were would they be obliged to inform me of this.?

And i don't want them to think that i'm up to something evil considering they were nice enough to issue me with good ol' Shell Account.

I've gotten that problem before, really annoying..try clearing your cache and stuff (didn't work for me, maybe it'll work for you idk)..I don't know what really fixed it, what I do know is that I ran HJT, Ad-Aware and spybot-search&destroy but I dont know if me formatting fixed it or if i fixed it before formatting..
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

.try clearing your cache and stuff (didn't work for me, maybe it'll work for you idk).
    Did that several times already.

although i did manage to pull this from FireFox don't know if it is anything significant but bleh i guess it could explain something.

Instead of going to gmail like you have been, try https://gmail.google.com and I will bet you it loads for you. Don't ask me why, but if you are having problems getting gmail to load, using SSL seems to work well.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Hi all, I also noticed this problem with gmail since last few days. The only solution I found was to - let the browser as it is (means don't close it). Open a new browser window and link to "https://mail.google.com" and W00t you are logged in. Now you can close the earlier window.

- :S:
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"

Originally posted here by moxnix
    Instead of going to gmail like you have been, try https://gmail.google.com and I will bet you it loads for you. Don't ask me why, but if you are having problems getting gmail to load, using SSL seems to work well.
    Tried that earlier, and just tried it again, and still i'm not having any luck.
    nice idea though Mox.

I even tried logging in via the Google Talk program, and still no success with that either..