Thread: Any Body Know A Good Java GUI Builder?

Any Body Know A Good Java GUI Builder?

I have been looking for sometime for a good java GUI builder; all the ones I have found have been pretty bad, I feel like I am missing an obvious solution because there should be a good java GUI builder? Shouldn’t there?

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    I know nothing about this but, I thought i would give it a shot anyways. here is what Google found: http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...va+GUI+builder
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

check netbeans (http://www.netbeans.org/)
    Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

Banned
    i also use netbeans but some of the code the gui builder spits out is very... unorthodox... i guess is the right word to use. if youre learning java and trying to learn awt/swing, i recommend doing it by hand, which will not only prepare you for the unorthodox code that netbeans spits out but will also let you easily tweak anything you are not familiar with.

if you dont mind working with j# and the .net framework rather than awt/swing, then obviously vs .net studio has an extremely powerful and nice to work with form/gui builder. the language is essentially the same, except all objects are from the .net framework, and the final project is compiled into a binary rather than a class file, thus meaning it is meant for a windows based machine.

Try JCreator.

Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

Banned
    best of my knowledge and from expierences with jcreator, it does not include a gui/form editor, it is a rather light ide.

JCreator (last one I saw anyway) did not include a gui builder, though that was as distant as 5 months ago. Netbeans' GUI builder is a bit bloated in what it does generate.

If you want to go the pay route, some time ago I used IntelliJ Idea. Now, the version I used did not include a GUI Designer, but the overall stability and professionalism of the IDE struck me. It was very flexible and capable an IDE, and the latest version (5.0) does include a GUI designer. If you wanna check it out, it can be found at: http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/index.html

Personally, I can live with Netbeans.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?