Thread: Sunbelt Software to Acquire Kerio Personal Firewall

Exclamation Sunbelt Software to Acquire Kerio Personal Firewall

Sunbelt Software to Acquire Kerio Personal Firewall
    Best of Breed Firewall Will Become Part of Company's Desktop Security Product Line

CLEARWATER, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 1, 2005--Sunbelt Software and Kerio Technologies, Inc. today announced that the parties have signed an agreement for Sunbelt to acquire the Kerio Personal Firewall. The acquisition is expected to be finalized by the end of the month. Terms of the deal are undisclosed.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/051201/20051201005792.html?.v=1
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

wildred: Haha, so this is what that PM was about, eh? Bleh, thanks for telling me in advance. Good news (I think) and a nice article.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Its def. going to be good news. There are some things that I just can't yet discuss, but it will be good. Sunbelt isn't going to pull a "Symantec" and can a product that they just aquired (Sygate).

And for those who are wondering...
    "Sunbelt will continue to offer a basic, free version of the firewall for home users and plans to announce reduced pricing for the full version of the product and a variety of special offers after it closes the deal, according to the statement. "

Awesome.. I'm definitely more than willing to try out their free home personal firewall product aswell. The reduced pricing sounds like a sweet deal also, good news man.. glad to hear this. Keep us posted on anything new.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Hi wildred,

I know that Kerio was expected to be trashed...but now it seems it's gotten a second lease on life...
    would this have anything to do with the demise of the Sygate firewall? Smart move by Sunbelt Software if they're acquiring the Kerio Firewall with the expectation of eating into that marketshare that's going to open up.

Eg

I agree with Egal, that's a very wise business move if they want to dive into a market that just lost a good competitor. Slick manuever..
    Space For Rent.. =]

I'm no business guy but yes, it was a smart move on Sunbelt's part to say the least. I spoke with the president of Sunbelt and he was all smiles.
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

DId someone fromyou ever used sunbelt's products? Are they good? That is the first time I hear for this company.
    I'm hoping that they will not destroy one of the best firewalls in the world!
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.

They make good products. They wont be destroying the firewall either. There will still be a free version too

For those that may not know: The original team that developed Tiny left the company and started the Kerio Firewall. It was originally based on the Tiny’s engine but with many improvements. That may help explain the popularity of Tiny in 2002 and then the Kerio popularity in 2003-2005.

Seems like the folks at Kerio just can't find a home. But hey, as long as they keep that product going, they can continue to move around every couple of years.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.