Thread: Agnitum Free Firewall

Angry Agnitum Free Firewall

Ok been scrathing my head and tearing my hair out for long enough. I use the Agnitum Outpost Free Firewall. When I connect to the internet I can only stay connected for no more than 10 minutes before it disconnects me. The reconnect dialog box pops up (I use AOL), reconnects me, and then it keeps on reconnecting me until the connection finally goes altogether. The error message when this happens says "your connection to AOL was interrupted". It usually happens why I am trying to open a new web page. I am sure that the firewall is configured correctly, amd I have uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times.

I now have no option but to go online without the firewall running but I do have the anti virus (AVG) runing. I scan my computer regularly with Ad-Aware, and the OS is Windows 98, dial-up 56k modem and 256MB Ram.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do as I do not like to go online with the firewall closed down?

This is a guess, as I do not use AOL. Doesn't it come with its own firewall? what you are describing sounds horribly like some sort of software conflict. You should only run one of them at a time.

Also check your internet connection settings and disable automatic log off if it is on.

Hi nihil,

Yes AOL does come with a firewalll but only for broadband users and it has to be downloaded, it's not built in to AOL. I have checked my internet connections and as far as I can see it is all ok.

Thank you