Thread: is it possible to route.....

Question is it possible to route.....

Is it possibel to route terminal services traffice from a firewall to another firewall? The reason I ask because is a buddy of mine wants to connect his small network from a T1 that is being shared by four businesses, his being one of the businesses. A T1 is coming into a router, next a sonicwall firewall and from there a switch then four linksys routers each hosting their own network. My buddy has terminal services installed on his Win2K server. He wants to connect to the server remotely. I am guessing he has to use the T1's Public address then the firewall would have to route traffic to his linksys router. Is that possible. Sorry but I am kind new to this. Oh yeh can you change connecting ports for terminal services?

Banned
    He would have to talk to the person administering the firewall to arrange that, but yes, it's possible.

No reason why you couldn't.

As for changing ports, be sure to change the settings on both the sending *and* the receiving end. Otherwise things could get a little too interesting.

Note, port numbers below 1024 are reserved for specific uses, but above that is pretty much fair game--though it might be wise to choose something that's not used very often.
    Got Root?

This user powered by Linux.

Just Another Geek

Re: is it possible to route.....

Originally posted here by mrlucifer
    Oh yeh can you change connecting ports for terminal services?
    How to change Terminal Server's listening port
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.