View Poll Results: Do you have IT Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity planning?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • We have IT DR planning

9 81.82%
  • We have global Business Continuity planning

4 36.36%
  • We have NO IT DR planning

1 9.09%
  • We have NO BC planning

0 0%
  • We are evaluating an IT DR plan.

2 18.18%
  • We are evaluating a BC plan

1 9.09%
  • Insurance is good enough

0 0%
  • We have another site(s) that will take over

3 27.27%
  • This won't happen to us

1 9.09%
  • Our emergency personnel will protect us

1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seat Belt Laws

Question Seat Belt Laws

I was reading posts in a different forum and someone had mentioned something about seat belt laws. Now i have a pretty strong feeling towards them but i ws wondering what you guys think about them.

Personally I do use my seat belt, and i think that its stupid not to. HOWEVER i feel that the government has absolutly no right to make it a law to have to wear one. The way i see it them telling us that it is illegal to not be safe just should not be done. Thier whole reasoning is to save lifes, and im sure the extra revenue generated from the tickets has nothing to do with it. But if they were really interested in helping to protect people, then why is bungie jumping, parrachutteing, base jumping, those polar bear club people, and a ton of other activities not out lawed? or any of the other sports with extremely high risks.

So thats how i see the seat belt laws, what do you guys think?
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3

Re: Seat Belt Laws

Originally posted here by JewishIntent
    HOWEVER i feel that the government has absolutly no right to make it a law to have to wear one.
    Come on! Don't you know it's the government's job to protect us from ourselves??

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

In Australia it's the Law to wear a SeltBelt while in a Car.
    I personally think it's a great law only because i've been in a few car accidents and if that seatbelt wasn't used then i wouldn't be here today.

I've also had friends die in car accidents when they weren't wearing one. Ever seen what someone looks like when they get thrown through the windshield and have slid down the road..
    SeatBelts do save lives, fine you might get a small injury from them when involved in an accident, but wouldn't you prefure to get whiplash then possibley become stuck in a wheel chair, or even worse die...

cheers
    front2back

It's the law here in Canada as well, and while I sympathise with both camps, I believe it's the Insurance Industry which compels the Gov't to ensure it is regulated.

No seat belt= no coverage, and they have slimed there way out of claims payments because the investigation of the accident scene determined that the occupants weren't wearing seat belts.

Also after awhile you don't really notice it, unless your waist size starts to extend the belt's length.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Also after awhile you don't really notice it, unless your waist size starts to extend the belt's length.
    lol

f2b: i think you may have missinterpreted what i said, i not only wear my seat belt but feel that anyone who gets hurt or dies from not wearing one deserves it. What my problem is with the govnt coming in and saying its a law, i know there is a bit of a difference but if they can come in and say that then whats to honestly stop a law outlawing rally raceing, or parrachutteing or ANY activity that the governemt deems dangerous? EVERYTHING is dangerous.

I one of those people that feels that all of this saftey concern in the world today is doing more harm than good. How are you going to learn not to play with fire until you burn yourself. Think of anytime you were little and did something stupid where you got hurt somewhat seriously. Did you learn your leason not to do it again? and do you honestly think the leason would have been driven home anywhere near as hard if a parent or someone simply told you not to do it because it was dangerous?

I think we really need to bring back the whole survival of the fittest idea, my favorite comedian once said, "It's simple, the kid that shoves the most marbles up his nose doesn't grow up to have a family of his own." - George Carlin
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Hey Hey,

I've met people that have lived because they didn't wear a seatbelt and I know people that died while wearing a seatbelt..

Do I agree with the government telling me I have to and fining me if I don't... definately not... but then again... if I agreed with anything about the government I'd prolly give someone here a heart attack.

However, I feel it's the same as Attempted Suicide and Assisted Suicide laws... If you want to die, that should be your right and your choice... Those laws exist because of the Christian Influence on our legal systems... and as already mentioned... seatbelt laws exist because of Insurance Influence... What it comes down to is that the government really has no say, they're a bunch of pussy whipped little kids... and it's Big Business and the Church that have that pussy

Then again, for those of you that haven't already seen it. There's a commercial that's played here.. The guy's talking about how when he was younger He wanted to kill his brother because of how amazing he was at everything... and they get in an accident (brother and gf in front, guy in the back... guy not wearing a seatbelt)... he flies forward and hits his brother and then says "All those times I could have killed my brother... and that day I did."... It's a pretty grim reality that it sets up...

Peace,
    HT

It's against the Constitution to MAKE you wear it. Here in Michigan it's around $200.00 or more if you get caught putting no one but yourself in danger.

So, for you people who actually believe it's for your own good, what happens when you get in a wreck that starts the car on fire and then it gets stuck? Would you be loving that thing as it glues your ass to an about to explode car?

what happens when you get in a wreck that starts the car on fire and then it gets stuck? Would you be loving that thing as it glues your ass to an about to explode car?
    Thats why in my car at least i have knives placed so that no matter where, or more importantly for my group of friends, how you sit you can reach one or more.
    Benjamin Franklin

Thats why in my car at least i have knives placed so that no matter where, or more importantly for my group of friends, how you sit you can reach one or more.
    Then you get busted for Concealed Weapon..

what happens when you get in a wreck that starts the car on fire and then it gets stuck?
    Would rather my ass get burnt then get thrown through a windshield again...
    and have to get your jaw wired shut, and having to learn to walk all over again..

Originally posted here by .:front2back:.
    Then you get busted for Concealed Weapon..

Or the knife breaks free in the accident and kills someone.... Storing weapons around a vehicle is just stupid... it's like thinking it's a good idea to keep a bucket of napalm next to the cutting torch.

Peace,
    HT