View Poll Results: Do you have IT Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity planning?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • We have IT DR planning

9 81.82%
  • We have global Business Continuity planning

4 36.36%
  • We have NO IT DR planning

1 9.09%
  • We have NO BC planning

0 0%
  • We are evaluating an IT DR plan.

2 18.18%
  • We are evaluating a BC plan

1 9.09%
  • Insurance is good enough

0 0%
  • We have another site(s) that will take over

3 27.27%
  • This won't happen to us

1 9.09%
  • Our emergency personnel will protect us

1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seat Belt Laws

Me personally, I'm tired of the government nanny, far too many people expect to be able to go through life never thinking once about anything, instead preferring to be told everything. Do I believe seatbelts help? Yep. Do I wear mine? Yep. Do I think the government should require it/enforce it? Nope. If someone wants to be a fool, that's there right.

To me its more all about the money. Here, they passed a law requiring seatbelt with a $1000 dollar fine, but the funny thing is they made it a secondary offense, meaning you couldn't pull someone over for not wearing one and you couldn't write a ticket at a roadblock for one (there had to be legitimate reason for pulling them over first, that had nothing to do with seatbelts). Anyway, for months the police ignored the Attorney General warning on the enforcement of the law because they were after those 1000 dollar tickets...pulling over god and everyone, setting up roadblocks, etc...all 'in the interest of public safety'. It was amazing how damn fast they cut that **** out when the local judge threw out all the tickets because they were issued improperly....

Make the money from tickets and other traffic violations go to charity or a general fund (outside of the police department) and see how fast the # of tickets issued plummets...
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Then you get busted for Concealed Weapon..
    If i am in a position where i can get busted for that, the knives are the least of my problems.

Or the knife breaks free in the accident and kills someone.... Storing weapons around a vehicle is just stupid... it's like thinking it's a good idea to keep a bucket of napalm next to the cutting torch.
    O come on, how can you go and assume something like that, all of the "weapons", in quotes because my weapons are at home and the knives in my car i consider tools, are completly safe where they are and are all tucked away in nice sheaths to prevent that very thing. and trust me the sheaths will keep the knives safe, i have had an instance downtown chicago where i had to use a knife, but instead of drawing it i just beat the guy with it still sheathed. I won the fight and humiliated him 8-)
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Bottom line...............Don't get in a freaking accident, the amount of people I see on a daily basis that shouldn't be allowed on the road, is scary, so I play it safe, I pay attention to whats in front of me and screw the idiots behind me.

I keep well back of the vehicle in front, I adjust my speed in rain and snow, I follow the rules (mostly), I shudder to think about the days when we would leave for vacation in the old Studebaker station wagon and be laying in the rear (sure it was great) of the car, but on reflection what if?

I have seen drunks take a car and flip end over end 5 times and get out and walk, if that same car had of been full of sober people who reflexivly tense up at the moment of impact, I bet not even a seatbelt would have saved them.

Seatbelts save lives and sometimes can inhibit the safety of the occupant, but I would bet that is the exception to the rule.....

Wow HTRegz I thought the religious aspect was a bit of a stretch until I read this stuff(shakes head in sadness)Christ Denial and the Seat Belt Law
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Lol hahahahahahahaha just go ahead and admit to assault on a public forum. Are you nuts? You said you beat some guy with the cover for a knife.... I'm sure everyone though he was a **** head when you had to use a weapon to win a fight. Not sure about anyone here but I was always honored when someone used a weapon against me. I mean damn that's flattery. Like they knew they couldn't win.

Lol hahahahahahahaha just go ahead and admit to assault on a public forum. Are you nuts?
    Ok i understand how one would assume that first off, but it was self-defense and not assault which is one of the reasons it stayed sheathed.

Not sure about anyone here but I was always honored when someone used a weapon against me. I mean damn that's flattery. Like they knew they couldn't win.
    I would be too, except he was very foolishly, and a bit drunkenly, swinging a bar of some sort, which is the only reason i pulled out the knife in the first place.

btw gore: i noticed that you live in michigan, ever been to chicago?
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Na, we have Detroit, Chicago would be sort of dissapointing when you live in Southeast Michigan / Murder / Crime capitol of the World. Besides it stays to warm there in the Winter.

Warm here in the winter??????? damn it must be cold up there for you to say that. not too sure geographically where you live but keep in mind that chicago gets all that nice cold ass air blowing into the city from over the lake.
    Benjamin Franklin

Well, right now it's pretty warm out for how it usually is and that's because it's like 30 degrees. That's our high. But generally it is around 0. Sometimes less. I've seen -30 or so.

Bah... all you Americans talking about cold weather... you're as bad as these people here in Southern Ontario... The only Americans that have a right to complain about the weather are the Americans that live in the UP of MI... Perhaps Wisconsin and Minnesota... Beyond that you have no idea.... :P

Peace,
    HT

hah well right now its 19F out and with wind-chill its only 8F.
    Benjamin Franklin