View Poll Results: Do you have IT Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity planning?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • We have IT DR planning

9 81.82%
  • We have global Business Continuity planning

4 36.36%
  • We have NO IT DR planning

1 9.09%
  • We have NO BC planning

0 0%
  • We are evaluating an IT DR plan.

2 18.18%
  • We are evaluating a BC plan

1 9.09%
  • Insurance is good enough

0 0%
  • We have another site(s) that will take over

3 27.27%
  • This won't happen to us

1 9.09%
  • Our emergency personnel will protect us

1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Seat Belt Laws

Hey Hey,

Right now it's 14F here... I'm wearing a T-Shirt still... they call it cold... LIke I said... you have no more right to complain than they do (Southern Ontarians).... My hometown is 12F right now (actually a warm day for this time of year... historically it's about -4F there this time of year... getting colder as you go) and where I was born.. it's 3F... Those are the people with a right to call the temperature cold.. when it's that temperature all winter long... and hitting 0F is a warm day.... and it lasts 8 or 9 months out of the year.

Peace,
    HT

Hi JewishIntent,

Seeing as this thread was inspired by my comments in another thread, where I used seat-belt laws as an example of common sense being forced upon people, I guess I should pipe-in my 2 cents...

seat-belt law was instituted as a way to protect people from dumb-a@@es...as virtually all common laws are. Smart people do not need to be told to look both ways before they cross a street...dumb-a@@es do...smart people do not need to be told not to take a pi@@ outside of a elementary school...dumb-a@@es do...smart people do not need to be told not to use a cat as a football to see how far you can punt it...dumb-a@@es do...

seat-belt law doesn't exist to protect you from your driving...it exists to protect you from the dumb-a@@es out there who can't drive...

is the municipality making money off it in fines....yes...is the government and insurance companies saving a bundle of money by reduced pay-outs...yes...
    if the government could figure out a way to charge you to pee it would ( anyone remember public pay toilets...I do )...

but the bottom line is if you're in your car and you're the greatest driver there ever was...it only takes one dumb-a@@ to change your life and the lives of those in the car with you forever.

Eg

P.S. And I agree with gore...pulling out a knife and all this talk about knives makes you look like a weenie...sounds like your braggin' but it comes across like a security blanket.

Right now it's 14F here... I'm wearing a T-Shirt still

[/emote] bows down [emote]
    ok now THAT is something i couldn't do.

Egaladeist just a quick question, so your saying that the laws are there to make sure that awesome driver buckles up in case drunk guy hits him? if so isn't that awesome driver still falling under the catagory of a dumb-a@@ who needs to be told to look both ways b4 crossing a street?

o and I, being the youngin I am, have never even heard of public pay toilets. . please explain a bit, besides the obvious fact that they charged you to go.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Hi JewishIntent,

If there were no dumb-a@@es in the world...there would be no need for laws at all......sure....accidents would still happen, but not because of blatant stupidity...

eg. no one with half a brain needs to told that it's wrong to kill your neighbor...so why make a law saying you can't murder someone...because some dumb-a@@ will...

so we make laws to inform those of what they can not do...and they do it anyways...because they're dumb-a@@es...

so....no, it's not a reflection on the people who are not dumb-a@@es...it's like having to tell a child not to touch a hot stove...some people need to be told what they can and cannot do because they're simply not smart enough to figure it out on their own.

the unfortunate side-effect to this is...some people only see the letter of the law and not the spirit...eg. a dumb-a@@ jaywalks and causes a car to come to a screehing halt endangering himself and the occupants in the car...whereas a smart person looks for traffic sees no cars and crosses without incident...both get fined if the cop inforces the letter of the law...in the spirit of the law the latter should never get fined...the law does not really apply to him.

In my day all public toilets had doors with dime coin slots to use them...which brought about this little saying...

Here I sit broken hearted
    paid my dime and only farted
    yesterday I took a chance
    saved my dime
    and sh@t my pants

Eg

I don't care realy..

I don't drive.. on public roads..

Whether or not I wear them depends on who I'm riding with..
    It's not as much the driving.. More the fact that some people are picky about it..

One friend is rather strict and will show the people not listening that he has ABS !

Another friend once said it was a trust issue .. do you trust my driving..

An uncle of mine doesn't wear them since he was in an accident and was saved by the fact that he rolled out of the car
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

they don't call it "Defensive Driving" for nuthing, the people who train you on these courses will always tell you, that the other driver is the idiot and you have to try and anticipate their moves, i.e. if the driver in front of you looks like he's pushing 100, then ease up on the gas and watch his every frigging move.

If you the driver, want to make the conscious decision to take your life into your own hands by not wearing a seat belt, then have the decency to stay off of my road, cause if we end up meeting I don't want you coming through my windshield (deductibles being what they are)

was saved by the fact that he rolled out of the car
    good thing the car didn't decide to stop on top of him eh!
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

It's been fairly warm here too. Last week it was storming and 60 degrees and the next day it was 29.

Eg, while i am beginning to osee your point. . .

no one with half a brain needs to told that it's wrong to kill your neighbor...so why make a law saying you can't murder someone...because some dumb-a@@ will...
    this isn't a good example at all, that law is to prevent you from hurting someone else, seat belt laws prevent you fro hurting yourself, unless you happen to vault through the windshield and hit someone of course. But if that child who was told not to touch the hot **** does touch it, shouldn't the burn be a good enough lesson/punishment and not require an additional fine and ticket?

and damn that sucks with the pay bathrooms. I have only come accross something similar to that once in my life. Back when i was a boy scout my troop hiked the grand canyon rim-rim-rim, and the showers on the north rim were pay operated, well they were until one of our leaders got drunk and decided he could fix it to not need quarters anymore. which he did, except you could no longer turn it off, control the temp, or risk electrical shok from the damage he did.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

i would just like to hijack my own thread here for a moment to express my gratitude for everyone that has added to this thread. It has been WAY too long since i have been able to have a somewhat completely intelligent conversasion/debate without the closeminded arguments and responses i tend to get. Ive said it before in a lot of my "i need help fixing my screw-up" threads

I F-IN LOVE AO
    Benjamin Franklin

Hi JewishIntent,

this isn't a good example at all, that law is to prevent you from hurting someone else, seat belt laws prevent you fro hurting yourself,
    Actually, the law is to protect others as well as yourself...originally it was to protect children in a moving vehicle...not the driver...in fact every state has different laws concerning seat-belts ( unless that's changed )...and over the years it's been extended to include drivers and other passengers...if I remember correctly there was one State in the Eastern US that still doesn't have seat-belt laws...another one it was just for passengers...another one just for minors...etc...

It has been WAY too long since i have been able to have a somewhat completely intelligent conversasion/debate without the closeminded arguments and responses i tend to get.
    Thank-you!

Eg