Thread: phishing and cyber scams front page

phishing and cyber scams front page

TheHorse13 brought up that this isn't listed on the front page and I have to agree with him, this is one of the bigger problems on the net today and it's not on the front page display unless you edit your display to do so and people who haven't joined wouldn't even know about this.

Hey Hey,

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one gore.... Check out the attached screenshot... This was after hitting logout and clear cookies.

Peace,
    HT

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Might want to check that your personalized Front Page options has Phishing and Cyberscams on it.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I signed out using the "logoff and clear cookies" link and I still don't see the post. I also tried clearing the cookies using the browser. No luck. Perhaps it's my PC. Gore, do you see the post on yours?
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Have you checked your Edit Front Page Display option? If you've customized your Front page display in the past, it does not add new forums to it.

I've tested the front page with a browser I NEVER log in with and I see the Phishing forum. You should check that option to see if the checkbox is there.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Yeah, if I modify the front page it shows up fine. Just a little clugy that new forums aren't added is all.

Anyway...

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Originally posted here by thehorse13
    I signed out using the "logoff and clear cookies" link and I still don't see the post. I also tried clearing the cookies using the browser. No luck. Perhaps it's my PC. Gore, do you see the post on yours?
    Yeah I definately see it when I do this.. I just tested firefox on this machine as well as IE... and I connected back home and had the same there with both firefox and IE.

Peace,
    HT