Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MERRY CHRISTMAS (I don't care if its not politically correct)

MERRY CHRISTMAS (I don't care if its not politically correct)

I am not a christian, but I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas (and happy holidays).
    This time of the year has always been Christmas time and to me will always be. I may not personally celebrate Christmas, but I know most people do and wish them and their families the best.

NOTE: I do support the underlying meanings of this holiday (not the commercialization of it) and think the world would be a much poorer place with out this holiday.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Good for you for being a good sport about it.

It's pleasant to realize that not all people are complete *******s, and that there might be some hope for the human race yet.

So yeah, Merry Christmas. We probably won't all learn to get along this year either, but perhaps there can be a few steps toward that.
    Got Root?

This user powered by Linux.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Its nice that i can reply in a thread and just say Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays whatever... not any politics or anything... just wishing people all over a good one!
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Merry Christmas all.

I frequently use the expression "Season's Greetings" as that encompasses the New Year as well. In some countries the New Year is the family celebration and is more popular than Christmas (Scotland & Italy for example)...............in others, Easter is the more important Christian festival (Spain & Greece).

Hey, I send Diwali cards to my Hindu buddies...................no big deal? it is the sentiment that counts in my book.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

"While Santa had paused for a cookie,
    Seems Blitzen was calling his bookie;
    While Comet and Cupid
    Had drunk themselves stupid,
    And Rudolph was searching for nookie!"

Cap'n Bean
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Merry Christmas

We put the tree up in the office on Friday (well my compadre Lynsey did but I offered subjective advice to her). Bit of tinsle round the monitor base and we're looking quite festive.

Got the tree and lights up at home. My oldest daughter is getting married on Dec. 30, and next daughter returns from Korea after a year away in about 10 days, so we're kinda pushing all the holiday activity toward the wedding date, rather than the traditional. But, Merry Christmas to you all! Happy New Year!

May the blessings of the season fill the hearts of all of you and your families with joy and wonder.

Merry Christmas all

Now that i got that out i noticed something with the pc commercials lately. I believe it was walmart, but on one of thier tv commercials they were singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas". In order to be more "pc" about it though, they changed the word Christmas to Holiday. Now i am Jewish here, so its not like i am biased for Christian holidays. But what they are doing here is taking a religious song and changing not just a few words here and there, but the one word that actually makes it a religious song. In trying to not piss off anyone who doesn't believe in Christmas they have now effectively opened themselves up to potentially pissing off everyone that does by taking a holy holiday song and changing it. Now I sure as hell don't believe in all of this pc bull, but if they decide to be politically correct by not mentioning any one religion's holiday, then wouldn't it make sense to NOT use a song that is a holy song for only a few religions?

Just my little anti-pc rant for the week. I hope everyone has a happy Christmas, Channukah, Quanza, Animal Sacrifice, or whatever religeous thing you got coming up.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

hey

rapier: Just so you know your daughter is getting married on my 21st bday. I will be pretty drunk most likely it is also a day b4 my ex gf/now best friend's bday. but goodluck with all that anyway
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

AOs Resident Troll
    Merry Christmas Everyone...Happy Holidays...Seasons Greetings..etc

Personally I too believe it is a great season...I celebrate Yule.

I like the first snowfall, the peacefulness it brings...and the beauty of the fresh fallen snow..with the sliver of a moon hanging low in the sky.

I like the gathering of friends and family......and the colour of the water...kinda a silvery blue...(I would love a car that colour)

I love bringing a fresh tree into the house...and the smell it eminates throughout

There is a magic in the air.....

I know I stated in another post that I "hated Christmas"...thats the running around, and commercialization of it all.....but the other day it was snowing big fluffies...and as I was driving up River Road...I got the spirit.....

Its not so bad after all

Peace on earth...good will towards man

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer