Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And on and on and on and on and on it goes...when will it stop...who the frig knows

And on and on and on and on and on it goes...when will it stop...who the frig knows

Well..the war rages on in Iraq....oh...maybe it's no longer a war persay...but it's still a battle...oh...maybe it's not even a battle...but it's still a conflict..

at any rate for those still keeping track of the latest news...here's another tid-bit...

http://dontbomb.blogspot.com/
    Don't Bomb Us - A blog by Al Jazeera Staffers

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    He attacks a fundamental principle, freedom of the press--
    I don't think it counts if it's a non American agency

and the talk of an 'air-raid' to attack

WTF

Doha is an American base ...............isn't that where the US army brass were / are based for the gulf wars I + II ??
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Banned
    The story is quite old, but seems to be indeed true - here's a nice recap:
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3489781a12,00.html

Didn't the Nixon tapes teach these idiots anything, why they insist on keeping records to be leaked is beyond me, and Al Jazeera should be flattered people other then the Al queda watch there propaganda.

I have always wandered, how it is this group always has the latest scoop on tapes submitted by OBL to be aired at appropriate times.Surely the CIA have the details on this group by now.

Shouldn't have talked about it, they should have just done it. But then again is this media outlet really that threatening, at least they keep us up to date that OBL is alive and is somewhere close by.

The Devil you know is better then the Devil you don't know.

and last year it was voted the fifth most influential brand name in the world, after Starbucks, Ikea, Apple and Google.
    Christ, nothing like reporting your own accolades, I don't doubt this is true in Iran, but the World nuh don't think so, I mean they left out MS. LOL
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Banned
    Dalek > I guess that shows how small your world is, then

It doesn't surprise me that you would support the destruction of a news outlet... I'm sure the other war-mongers will back you up on this one... "propaganda is fine, but only if it's supporting us"... nice principle you're going by...

I'm sure the other war-mongers will back you up on this one...
    Amen, brother.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Anyone besides me remember the old song by Charles Hatcher, mister 00 Soul ( aka. Edwin Starr ) 'War'...love that song...think it was in the movie Rush Hour as well...

in my opinion this 'war' and virtually every act since 9/11 has been mismanaged and not very well thought out...I'm not against war...sometimes war is necessary, as was the case with WW2, in order to bring about a resolution...but...

this war on terror is as ineffective and as ill-conceived as the war on drugs...and no amount of ' spin ' is going to change that...by ' spin ' eg. changing the war in Iraq from one of terror/WMD to a cause for liberation...some people just think everyone is as stupid as they they are...the Iraq's know this is not a war brought about to liberate them...this is not an ultruistic war of compassion and sympathy for the Iraqi people...this is not Canadian troops marching into Holland to liberate them from the oppression of the Germans and being greeted with parades and hugs and kisses and cheering crowds...

eventually...hopefully...for all our sakes, and for the sakes of those young fighting men...they will realize that this is not only an unnecessary war but a highly ineffective one...even if they achieve democracy, or a semblance of it...it will be founded upon sand not rock and will sink at the first sound of Allah is coming.

This is now a war to save face...the original public intent of the war has been duly critisied and discarded...it is now a public war to secure democracy...if they fail in that...and they will ...everyone who went will have died in vain...what a waste.

Eg

propaganda is fine, but only if it's supporting us
    I didn't see that in my post..........I don't support any sort of propaganda, espescially if it is self supporting (CNN does come to mind as well).

But most news agencies that are not independant (Tass,Pravda) get to spout their version of the events.

This one is allowed to continue it's sate controlled drivel Xinhua News Agency http://english.epochtimes.com/news/5-10-12/33256.html and yet we are all still going to the Olympics right, what hypocrisy!!!

As far as my world being small, I am as open minded as the next person, I have been to a lot of different places, I have a seen a lot of Sh*t, and I read the paper, so come down off of your horse and smell the roses/coffee, this was tongue in cheek (re the wink)
    Shouldn't have talked about it, they should have just done it. But then again is this media outlet really that threatening, at least they keep us up to date that OBL is alive and is somewhere close by.
    As for Al Jazeera, where did this media (credible??) come from, they magically appeared just when the US/UK were going in to do their thing, hhhmmm sounds a bit anti US to me, lets publicise everything these nasty US/UK troops do to our Muslim brethren. Where were they when Saddam was doing his thing or the Ayotolleh in Iran, how come most of their news reports are bent towards covering the war, where is the news scoops of the way Arabs in general treat their minorities (women), or the way the Royal Saudi family financially supported the terrorists in the first place.

Who is financially backing this so called news media?? Who are their sources???where do they get these so called video tapes of OBL, who is being fed what???

Don't lump me in with Goebbels.....What other news agency out there does not have it's own agenda's on how to report the conflict/war/squabble, who's bent are you going to take on it, geez the pablum that is out there is incredible.

Claude Swanson

Banned
    This should answer almost all those questions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera

Thanks for the link Neg, very informative....

Here's one for you:

Al Jazeera isn't the only Arab media outlet implicated in the Al Hurra tapes. It was recently discovered that Hamida Naanaa, a Syrian writer based in France who was known for her pro-Saddam slant, had received coupons under the Oil-for-Food program in exchange for her favorable coverage. Al Hurra alleges that Saddam's regime would hand out two types of oil coupons to Arab media figures: silver coupons that entitled their holders to a maximum of 9 million barrels of oil, and gold coupons that were good for even more. Naanaa had received a gold coupon.
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...5/593ehwjg.asp

Not all things appear to be what they truly are.......so with an open mind, get both sides of the stories.

Everyone has skeletons in their closets.

Claude Swanson