Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas for stopping spam attacks

As Neg has said #1&2 are there already. The rest are useless or counterproductive, but #11 is SPOT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have cracked it in one Val~

I would extend it to the profile as well, of course.

As for people who keep saying "this only feeds him", next time perhaps you would also post your psychology qualifications, collaborators and/or sources?

This is not a Troll or a skiddie...............this is one very screwed up excuse for humanity. Doesn't anyone look at the history of this site?.................have we not had trouble makers and wasters before?.................they either eventually come back and behave or they disappear for good? This one is different, he is psychologically/mentally disturbed, which is why he is showing obsessive traits................and he is getting worse, which suggests some sort of climax is looming.

I would have thought it patently obvious that forcing changes to the site is what really feeds him? So I do not recommend any except the filter, which should have been there anyway?

Before you ask, mine is a masters

nihil: I do not question your qualifications by any means.. and yes, he might have some mental issues for all we know (I don't know, I'm not qualified ) but regardless, it is what it is. Please don't think I was personally attacking you, by the way, Johnno..
    Space For Rent.. =]

Hey Spyder~ please don't get me wrong.................I am not taking offence or even criticising.

To begin with, my initial reaction is "don't feed the Trolls" as that fits 99.99% of the situations we encounter? OK sometimes we have to ask a few questions because maybe English isn't the first language, or we are looking at potential social engineering?

This guy just does not fit those scenarios, and we have to accept that fact. Hey, I have been visiting this site for just over three years, and I have never seen anything like this before? That is why I reject the traditional Troll analysis.

Speaking personally, I feel sorry for him; and even moreso for his family and friends, as they are having to watch it close up, and can remember what he used to be like?

I am sure that many members here can remember him from the past? Sure he was abrasive, rude and a bit boistrous.................but not beyond the bounds of decency?

He was also cynical, droll and sometimes extremely witty. I can also recall entrapping him in some deep moral and ethical discussions regarding the nature of the internet.

He then seemed to progressively deteriorate? until we are faced with what we have today, a guy with serious problems.

Just my take on it all

And on that note.... Consider this thread closed and joining the ranks of the dead.

A note to members: Spec and all other forms of trolls and trouble makers are being dealt with... the community doesn't need to be flooding the boards bitching about it and talking about it... The road to Sanitization may be a long one, but it is coming.

Consider this thread Sanitized.

Peace,
    HT