Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ethereal gateway setup

RMSe17, could you please list the 5 "hubs" that you tried, so that others know to stay away from them if they truly need a hub.
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

You could try this if you want cheap(er)...

http://www.snort.org/docs/tap/

it does depend on where your getting your supplies I pulled out the soldering iron and tore some old network cards apart for there sockets and then just gluegunned them to some card, works a treat.

i2c

Originally posted here by wildred
    RMSe17, could you please list the 5 "hubs" that you tried, so that others know to stay away from them if they truly need a hub.
    I was wrong, they were hubs indeed. I am not sure what I did differently at this point, but after tweaking ethereal to the settings that gave me best results on that 5th hub, I decided to try out the others once again, just for the heck of it, and they worked too.

But in case you guys want names, these were hubs

Netgear EtherHub 8 port 10Base-T model # EN108
    Addtron 4 port Ethernet Hub UTP4/L
    Addtron 8 port

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Did someone forget to check the "Capture packets in promiscuous mode" box?

That'll do it to you _every_ time....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides