Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for d0ppy.com

Banned
    test

How about a website catering to the homeless...that would be unique...I sure haven't seen one.

Eg

What about having a Flame page were you Flame about something, or someone or a product you've used recently?

I've seen a few websites and there always interesting with the things there flaming..

f2b

Am I not the only one that sees that d0pp created this thread on the GCC mainpage yet here it says csl and he says "test".. or maybe I'm drunk again? Anyways...

Egaladeist: Doesn't that sound rather pointless?

The "flame" page sounds like a good idea.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Originally posted here by Spyder32
    Am I not the only one that sees that d0pp created this thread on the GCC mainpage yet here it says csl and he says "test".. or maybe I'm drunk again? Anyways...
    Check the Oops! A bug forum :P
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Banned
    I tried posting the thread with a post... the thread went through, but the post did not.

I left it open for a bit so the admins would be able to do their thing with it.

I like the homeless idea... And the flame idea...

Right now I'm looking at a hosting a personal blog, and I don't know what else.

I do know I have to get goatse off of it.

Hi Spyder,

Actually the homeless thing would work...you'd be surprised how many homeless go to places like the library or free access places to get warm or out of sun for awhile and spend the time surfing...only the hard-core streeters would be left out.

There's a lot of people on the street who if you walked past them you wouldn't even know they were on the street.

Eg

Banned
    you'd be surprised how many homeless go to places like the library or free access places to get warm or out of sun for awhile and spend the time surfing..
    That's exactly what I did when I was homeless. Cept... I was the only bum with a phat laptop.

Hi d0pp,

You could provide survival tips for the homeless...links to help sites...places to get blankets, food, etc...organizations that give or lend money to people with no credit ( and there are some...eg. there's a place...if it's still there...called God's Love Incorporated in Helena, Montana started by a multi-millionaire who put x-number of dollars in on the 1st of every month and then it was given away to everyone with a good story to tell...until the money ran out...usually within days...I've been there..and one guy got money to get bailed out of jail three times, another for her rent, etc...as long as it wasn't illegal, they gave it to you. )...they exist...you just have to find them.

Eg

EDIT: Found it:

God's Love Inc
    (406) 442-7000
    533 N Last Chance Gulch St
    Helena, MT 59601, United States
    0.1 mi SW - Directions

apparently it's a homeless shelter now...maybe the originator died and the city or something took it over...it has been 25 years...

it was an amazing place...just a small office in a house...someone walked in...why do you need it...here it is...I'm sure there are others out there....what amazed me was the simplicity of it and how non-judgmental it was....there was the obvious drawbacks...' why you giving that guy money? '...crazy...eh?

********** |ceWriterguy
    This is in no way intended to diss the homeless. Please don't take it as such - I'm actually smiling as I type this:

Cool! High Tech homeless! I remember when I was younger learning the 'hobo marks' and what they meant (good for a free meal, good place to sleep, quick buck, free shower, don't stop here..etc.) Perhaps this is the new hobo marks of the 21st century! A national database of places and things one may do while homeless to get by. It's actually a very cool idea.

/me waits patiently for that ~~~ mark that means free wireless internet
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!