"The Hack Stop"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "The Hack Stop"

Banned

"The Hack Stop"

Just saw this commercial on TV... first the usual scare-mongering ("You wouldn't leave your safe open and walk away, would you? That's exactly what you're doing if you walk away from your computer with a highspeed connection... [...]blabla[...] hackers... identity theft [...]blabla[...]"...

And then... "a 100% safe solution! No more hackers!!"... Wow... And technically, they're right, I guess

http://www.thehackstop.com/

This is so retarded that it's probably going to make its inventor a bunch of money

Heh, welcome to American TV commercials. Different from Europe huh? Ever see the "stop Sign" one? THAT is worse.

I believe it's stopsign.com or etwas.

Installation Instructions....

2. Remove Internet cable from back of PC and connect into unit. (Either top or bottom port).

Or just disconnect it and leave it there, same safe solution. Why didn't i think of this.
    THe unit is probably a plastic box with an ethernet input and a whole buncha nothing inside.
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Banned
    Yeah, just an on/off switch for the network cable (assuming it is wired correctly), and produced in a third-world sweat-shop by women and children in near slave-labor conditions for $.015 per copy.

Ain't business wonderful?

Business is the art of making money, not friends.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Did you guys read the FAQ on it? This is my personal favorite:

Can I protect my entire network with The Hack Stop?
    Yes. One Hack Stop connected to your system router will disable access on all computers attached to that network. One Hack Stop at each computer will allow each computer to connect and disconnect on an individual basis.

As stated by others, How is the hack stop anything different than unplugging the CAT5 cable or turning off the ADSL/Cable modem? It does have a catchy title though HACK STOP. IMO the name will assist in selling the product. I ask myself, is this the next million dollar idea? If so, I'm in the wrong field.

That is probably THE most humorous thing I've seen all week. I'd like a customer list from them 'cause I've got some "technology" advancements for them. ROFLMFAO!!!!!

Thanks Neg, I can always count on you..
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Banned
    Yeah, the whole things plays on the FUD thingie. I know I'm going to find a few of these around. I bet I even get a few questions from co-workers about it.

They won't be in business long, though. The claim of 100 percent will get them in trouble.

Just for grins, I checked to see where they might be:

Server Used: [ whois.godaddy.com ]

www.thehackstop.com = [ 65.115.27.8 ]

Registrant:
    Domains by Proxy Inc.
    Registered through: GoDaddy.com
    Domain Name: THEHACKSTOP.COM
    Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.SUPPLYGUYS.NET
    NS2.SUPPLYGUYS.NET
    For complete domain details go to:

That's it. Not very good or complete information. The only other contact info is the PO box in the site. They must not expect to be around long.

You can purchase The Hack Stop through our web site or by visiting these fine retailers...
    I can't help but notice that their total list of retailers include such fine stores as, um... well there isn't any. But surely someone will sell this product, maybe Spencer's Gift's, McDonald's as a Happy Meal toy, your local dollar store, or maybe even Goodwill?

I might buy one for everyone on my list for Christmas.

-Deeboe
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

http://tazforum.**********.com/

Sort of reminds me of the scissors firewall. you cut the Cat5 Cable and NO ONE can break in over a LAN