Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "The Hack Stop"

hmm.... That is ingenious... I never knew that if you unplugged your computer when you aren't on the internet people can't connect to it anymore... This is truely amazing.... So if this theory works... Does it mean if I turn my tower off people can't use my computer?

I wish I would of known this before, it would of saved me the trouble of those 3 hard drives that I had to remove so no one could access my data. I just keep forgetting to put them back in. Oh well....

One last question... If this works... Does it also mean if I turn the lights off in my house the light company will stop charging me?

Banned
    *watches Neg and millions of others go purchase one.
    Pretty interesting, people are stupid.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Cmon folks, you don't have to look far to see this *everywhere*. FUD is a universal tool.

FUD used to cut costs while making you think you're receiving an important favor:
    =========================================================
    AOL is currently running quite an expensive FUD program. What they're not telling you is that your best interest isn't their #1 concern, lowering the cost of helpdesk overhead is. 80% of their calls are related to malware. If they give everyone the proper protection, and I use that description loosely, then they can theoretically slash a good chunk of their costs.

The other end of this is to build business using FUD as seen in this example.

FUD used to boost ratings:
    ===========================
    My personal favorite. This is the trick that the media uses to get you to watch their awful editorials. Fox ran one this week about the hidden dangers of bicycles assembled by retail stores.

Anyway, no one should be surprised here.

--Th13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Originally posted here by ShippMA

Matts Hack Stop Instructions:
    1. Find your index finger (either hand will do)
    2. Press the off button on your PC
    Dude - next time just give it a kick; that always works for me

hmm.... That is ingenious... I never knew that if you unplugged your computer when you aren't on the internet people can't connect to it anymore... This is truely amazing.... So if this theory works... Does it mean if I turn my tower off people can't use my computer?
    Whiz, you'd be surprised - one of my relatives was telling me a few days ago how he always unplugs his Cat5 after he's powered off his desktop (and cut off electrical supply to it from the socket) because "hackers can break in even when it's off and steal your information". I've never laughed so hard in my life! :P