Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

Exclamation Help!

Hello fellow members of AO. I recently got a laptop from a friend of mine through work. He bought a brand new Alienware laptop (3000+) and loves it. Me and my buddy made a little bet, he said if you can bypass the password prompt you can have it. Just have to show me how you did it he stated. Now, he had an Compaq EVO laptop which he gave me to try. It's a P4 2.2GHZ nice laptop IMO. Now, heres the dilema I'm stuck on the logon prompt to Windows XP Professional screen. Otherwords, stuck at the password prompt. You know when you have to press Control + alt + delete to bring up the prompt? Well thats the one I'm stuck on. Now, I know I can format the hardrive and reinstall XP PRO on it thats not the promblem. I cannot access the desktop whats-so-ever. Because I cannot bypass the password prompt. I have googled this but only getting results when you have access to the desktop. If I had access to the desktop I could bypass all security measures in a matter of minutes, and this wouldn't be an issue. I'm not a cracker and never claim to be one. I do not have a floppy disk drive, I have a cdrom/dvd drive thats it. Is their anyway to bypass this? Any ideas? I'm not looking for a step by step instructions on how to do it from anyone I just want to be pointed in the right direction or advice from people who actually done this before. Since this is not my line of work it's new to me. Here are some of the results I got while searching google:

http://www.google.com/microsoft?q=by...T&hq=microsoft

http://www.google.com/microsoft?hq=m...XP&btnG=Search

http://www.google.com/microsoft?hq=m...+XP+PRO+PROMPT

but you need access to the desktop again, which I don't have. I know you guys/gals probably thinking just ask your friend for the password? Again, friendly bet so he aint talking plus I want this laptop. I know the username but I do not know the password. Any tricks in safe mode? What about taking apart the laptop uninstall the battery (like on a desktop PC to bypass the BIOS password prompt? Any tricks of the trade, all help is greatly appreciated. Computernerd22

The quickest way is to get your hands on an admin account password reset tool (UltimateBootCD4Win) and reset the local admin password. Then log in as the local admin. Reset the user password from the Computer Manager tool. Logout, log back in as the user.

Just goes to show you that with physical access, no system is safe.

... I have a cdrom/dvd drive thats it.
    Use It.
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"

Thank you guys for the very fast replies greatly appreciated. I have 3 systems in my home. 2 are broke the other one works but doesnt have a CD burner. Only the laptop does. So I am afraid I won't be able to download the software you recommended rapier57 to cd to load into the laptop to bypass the password prompt. Any other suggestions perhaps? Theirs no temporary username/password by default in case something like this happens or where the customer forgets the password?

Is their any username or password by default that can get me access into the desktop? I don't need total admin access just enough to get me into the desktop, then I can fix it from their. All help is greatly appreciated.

Regal Making Handler
    Thank you guys for the very fast replies greatly appreciated. I have 3 systems in my home. 2 are broke the other one works but doesnt have a CD burner
    I supose your going to say, "none of your systems have a cd burner you could put in your 1 system that can access the internet".

I say again, how smart do you think you are?
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

AOs Resident Troll
    Looks like yo are SOL bud

If you search this site...you will find what you are looking for.......

Guess some of us are smarter than others .....

Betta catch knows how to do this...and Jinxy too

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Looks like yo are SOL bud
    Never! I will not quit until I'm into that desktop. If I have to stay up for a week straight, my ass is getting into that desktop one way or another.

Guess some of us are smarter than others .....
    I guess so but that can be our little secret.

Betta catch knows how to do this...and Jinxy too
    I bet they do too and several others. I don't question that. On a side note, To ALL members that I have offended I'm sorry and I do apologize for the bullshit. Catch, Jinxy, Morganlefay, you know who you are etc...

Now back to the issue at hand, I went out and looked in the trunk of my car and I have a floppy drive for the laptop, so I have cdrom/dvd drive and floppy drive. I went to the website rapier57 recommend to download http://www.ubcd4win.com/ the application I found out it's a giant file 81.1MB (full version) with no burner can't burn it. I don't have a jump drive so cant do that way. File is to big to fit on floppy disk. Are there any other 3rd party software thats under 1.40mb (for floppy disk) that can do this? To jinxy,

I supose your going to say, "none of your systems have a cd burner you could put in your 1 system that can access the internet"

Again, 3 PC's one is shot MOBO went out. Planned on throwing it out anyways, So I shot it (literally) with a (.45) the other one has a bad power supply. The other one is a 400mhz 256mb of ram, with a CDROM drive, and one floppy drive, and a 40gb hard drive and a NIC card and sound card. Yes, I know these machines suck ass. These are pieces of poop IMO run good for what they have in them. I live on a budget (week-to-week I also have little ones and a wife to support) so I do not have extra money to spend for custom PC's and cd burners and all that good stuff so I make do with what I have. Jinxy or anyone else for that matter, do you have any ideas that could assist in helping me? If not, I understand.

Regal Making Handler
    From what you have posted, you have enough bits to make a box, that will do every thing you want. Most probably faster than the thing I am using.

However, the software you nead to re-set the password, on the box you want, will fit on a floppy. Take it to google.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

OK, if you can't burn the ISO, then you just need the utility that resets the admin password. You should be able to find that by either Google'ing for it, or just hitting a h4xor site.

From what you have posted, you have enough bits to make a box, that will do every thing you want. Most probably faster than the thing I am using.

However, the software you nead to re-set the password, on the box you want, will fit on a floppy. Take it to google.
    Awesome dude, thanks for the feedback greatly appreciated.

OK, if you can't burn the ISO, then you just need the utility that resets the admin password. You should be able to find that by either Google'ing for it, or just hitting a h4xor site.
    Excellent rapier57 thank you for the information going to search google.