Thread: What software do you use...

What software do you use...

If you want to find out what language has been used to write a software (i.e. VBA, C++ etc.)

I am sure I have read something about that on some forum but I can't find it anymore and I have Googled it but with no luck.

Thanks
    JC

Most compilers leave a string in the executable that clearly states what language it was written in.

Edit: Also...
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...n&q=define:VBA

Thanks Orson Welles, but I am not sure that you reply to the question. What I am after is a software that tells which software and which version has been used to write it.
    Thanks
    JC

Originally posted here by TheNovice
    Thanks Orson Welles, but I am not sure that you reply to the question. What I am after is a software that tells which software and which version has been used to write it.
    Fine... PEid.

The simple solution is to copy the file as .txt and open it in wordpad/notepad. The header should contain the information as suggested.

If the file has been packed or encrypted you may not be able to read this "in plain" so use this:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Program...-updated.shtml

As also suggested

Thanks Nihil and Orson Welles that was exactly what I was looking for. Sorry Orson Welles but the first link that you gave me was not relevant to my question, did not mean to upset you.

Regards
    JC