Hi Raelynn , I think you have been given most of the answers, but they are a bit fragmented?

My view would be:

1. this one employee put a password on the main computer so that he can work from home and then transfer the information to the main computer. In other words did he locked me out of my computer?

It would seem that he created an account and password protected it. This is normal, as an unprotected account with remote access would be a serious security risk.

This does not lock you out of the computer if it is a server that is, it has been set up to be used by multiple people at the same time. Where you are most likely to experience a lockout is within software (applications) where a particular record or function can only be accessed by one person at a time.

2. I have to have his password to enter his. He also put me a password on for me to get on, but not to his site.

I am not too sure what you mean. You should both have "accounts" on the "server" and have your own passwords to these. You are using the same systems and software applications, this is simply a security measure. You sign on as you and he signs on as him.

By "site" I assume you mean his home computer?...............you should have no reason to access it, the data flow is in the oposite direction. My only concern would be that he might not save important work to the server and his home system crashes? Everything that is on there should be on your server so you can both access it.

YOUR NUMBERING:

1.) How many people can be on one computer with their own password to open the computer?

In theory, thousands...............the limitations are usually software and hardware.

2.) Are their home computers tied with this one computer?

Home computers are attached to a "server" computer at the office/datacentre or whatever. They are just remote versions of what is in the office. In a large organisation there will be a number of servers and remote workers will access the ones they are supposed to, just the same as if they were actually in the office.

3.) Will I get their virus from their home computers?

This is quite possible. You should ensure that they have adequate protection installed and practice safe computing habits. You also need to ensure that the server is protected at your end.

4.) In the furture I will be using paypal, will they get to my account?

Anyone who has relatively unrestricted access to your systems, particularly physical access, might be able to do this.

Some organisations will split their server functionality to give additional security to "sensitive" areas such as HR, Finance, Payroll etc................unauthorised personnel are denied access.

Hope that helps