Broadband Question

Thread: Broadband Question

Broadband Question

I got two computers at home one is downstairs and one is upstairs. In the past both computers had 56K internet access.

A few months back one of the computers had gotten broadband access with BT . The access came with all software and BT voyager 205 ADSL Router.

My question , is there anyway to allow both computers to have broadband internet access ? ie to unable the computer upstairs to get broadband to I have to buy a broadband modem ? or im i cable to somehow plug into the downstairs router and get access ?

I want it so that either computers can get access to broadband but I don't want it so that both computers have to be on for either one to gain internet access.

If anyone can tell me how to do it , what equipment i need etc, that would be great.

AOs Resident Troll
    Buy a wireless router...stick an wireless nic in the machine farthest away to to broadband modem supplied by BT....unless you want to run cables....

MHO...get the will also act as a firewall.

The router will act as the main connection to your will have to configure it with the isps username and password...dns etc

bt modem>wireless router>computers

I have this type of setup in my house...2 wireless connections and 2 wired direct to the router.

All computers have internet access

How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

\"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster