Create your own personalized radio station

Thread: Create your own personalized radio station

Banned

Create your own personalized radio station

I just stumbled upon Pandora:

Can you help me discover more music that I'll like?

Those questions often evolved into great conversations. Each friend told us their favorite artists and songs, explored the music we suggested, gave us feedback, and we in turn made new suggestions. Everybody started joking that we were now their personal DJs.

We created Pandora so that we can have that same kind of conversation with you.
    It's still in development (the free ad-supported version doesn't have ads yet!), but it works like a charm...

Here's the FAQ: http://blog.pandora.com/faq/index.html#15

********** |ceWriterguy
    Great idea, but I'm afraid the FCC and the rest of the Feds, let alone much of anyone else would be interested in what I had to say, or play :P
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Banned
    I'm not sure what you're implying there, black...

I use Yahoo LaunchCast, it is not ad-free, for the free one, but it is nice, you can find almost any artist you may think of! Their rating system really rocks!

If you want an ad-free station, you have to pay some bucks!
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Hey Neg that is a cool link because it found songs that i like but didnt know about... good way to experience new music
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

I love it ! Thanks Neg. Just had to borrow a US zipcode, works like a charm .

yeah, Pandora and the Music Genome Project are pretty cool. This isn't really like a "personalized radio station" though. It is a way to discover other music that is similar to the music that you already like. You won't hear the same artist more than three times in an hour because of the licensing deals they have. You also cannot request a specific song because of this.

They are adding stuff on a daily basis over there, and they have some interesting licensing deals with the RIAA/artist groups.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.