Working on a Cyberstalking article
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Working on a Cyberstalking article

King Tutorial-ankhamun

Arrow Working on a Cyberstalking article

I plan to start work on a tongue-in-cheek article on how to Cyberstalk someone. Basically, it will cover how to expand your knowledge about someone based on little bits of info like user name/email address, IP, given name, school or place of work, etc. using tools like who is, Google, NetBIOS sniffers, etc. Anybody have any good ideas on things/techniques I should mention? Iíll be sure to give you credit in the article if I use your ideas.

I have found tools like Canada411 to be very useful sources of info on person's and businesses Iron.

Cheers:
    DjM

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Iron, be careful how you go about doing this. The law is fuzzy in this area. You don't want to be inplicated as aiding in a felony.

Just 2 cents worth pocketing.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I realize you put Google on the list already, but I think you might consider http://people.yahoo.com used to have some pretty interesting stuff.

-Deeboe
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

http://tazforum.**********.com/

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Originally posted here by thehorse13
    Iron, be careful how you go about doing this. The law is fuzzy in this area. You don't want to be inplicated as aiding in a felony.

Just 2 cents worth pocketing.
    Point well take Horse, I just figured the best way to figure out how to protect yourself is to see how information can be found. I'll try to CMA as much as I can from a legal stand pont.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    are you going to discuss anything about WHOIS? if your being cyber stalked you might want to know more about who is hosting them etc... http://www.arin.net/whois/
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Yep, I plan to use Whois to find info, especially for folks you have their own domain name. (I'm Kind of vulnerable to this, but I don't want to pay for the extra service of hiding my info.)

There are thousands of skiptrace resources out there, especially in the US.

For instance,

Articles : http://www.pimall.com/nais/missingm.html

Links : http://www.pimall.com/nais/SKIPTRACE.HTM

1/
    SQL injection into databases that dont provide some data, for instance telephone directories allow for forward lookup ie - number from name, but creative thinking can allow for looking up a name from a number. Theres plenty more uses of this idea....

2/
    Whois is kinda dull, any idiot can run whois and figure out what it means, hope you dont focus to much on this.

3/
    Its not so much about getting the information, but knowing what to do with it.

4/
    Deep Web Resources!!!

5/
    Phishing style info gathering - you might be able to email and get some information.

6/
    Friendsreunited and other reunited sites, they might of been i the forces, been at school some place, what about online people finders? there all over the place, theres a few free ones that give a little info. if there not on a site then prehaps they have a friend or a neighbour you can ring and get info from by being clever...

i2c

Well your signature should be included as well. Already you have much of my system info:

Your IP: XX.XX.XX.XX
    Host Name: My ISP (which most anyone can tell it is ADSL)
    Platform: Linux i686
    Browser: enUSrv: 1.7.10 Gecho/20050715 Firefox/1.0.6 SUSE.
    ISP City: Winter Park

Just $.02 worth.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.