Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Working on a Cyberstalking article

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    I've sort of put it on the back burner for now, as I don't think I could do the topic justice yet.

Ok mate, guess its something to look forward too!

Re: Working on a Cyberstalking article

Originally posted here by Irongeek
    I plan to start work on a tongue-in-cheek article on how to Cyberstalk someone. Basically, it will cover how to expand your knowledge about someone based on little bits of info like user name/email address, IP, given name, school or place of work, etc. using tools like who is, Google, NetBIOS sniffers, etc. Anybody have any good ideas on things/techniques I should mention? I’ll be sure to give you credit in the article if I use your ideas.
    You may want to approach this similarly to an article or tutorial on vulnerability assessment or penetration testing. You're not writing an article explaining how cyberstalkers can stalk people, but how people can employ the cyberstalker techniques to find out how vulnerable they themselves are - how much publically available information is out there that could be exploited by their enemies and used against them. I do this a couple of times a year using new databases and techniques to see just how exposed I really am.

cyberstalking....

I've been having huge problems with people cyberstaling me, and I think it would only be fair if your article covered ways of preventing being cyberstalked on the different methods you wish to cover. These people can block my connection at will prevent me from using high anonymity proxies in case they cannot find me on a network, block all smtp and pop ports to my connection, and I'm still tring to figure out how I can stop most of their activities described above. If you'd help, I'd be very grateful
    www.smplayers.esmartmusic.comportable mp3 players in south africa