BIOS question

Thread: BIOS question

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

BIOS question

I have a CPU: (754-pin) AMD ATHLON64 3000+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology. Im wondering if a need a BIOS update? I have heard if it aint broke dont fix it but im just curious and my MOTHERBOARD: (754-pin Socket) eVGA nForce3 250 Chipset SATA RAID AGP8X w/GbLAN,USB2,&5.1Audio. Should I be thinking about updating/flashing my BIOS or leave it alone? I went on AMD's website but didnt find anything useful so far.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Its a rule of thumb to not flash your BIOS unless there is a specific reason too - however that was in the days when it all had to be done manualy.

There is plenty of apps out there that take the risk out of it now - but I still wouldnt do it unless there is a reason for it!
    Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system.

http://tazforum.**********.com/

Tex,

Is this your new computer? I'd leave it be as suggested unless there's a need or a really good option on the update.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

I just got this computer 3 days ago... I was just wondering if it needed an update but the concensus seems to be that if it aint broken dont fix it.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Banned
    Ty,

You shouldn't be looking for a BIOS update on the AMD site, but on the EVGA site (the motherboard manufacturer): http://www.evga.com/Support/Drivers/default.asp (select Mainboards, then Bios Updates, then NForce 3 250 Gb).

Their latest BIOS update was in September - more than likely, you already have the latest version.

thanx for pointing me in the right direction neg, I will prolly just leave it alone but its good to know where to go just in case.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted