Dvd-r

Thread: Dvd-r

Question Dvd-r

Hey, another post in the Hardware forums for me lol, which means, another question about hardware!

Ok, so here's the deal, I'm going to buy a DVD-RW drive (specifically this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827106988 [I love newegg]). However, as you can see the burn speed is 16x, and the minimum system requirements is a P4 1.4GHz proccessor, I have a P3 567MHz..My question is, will I still be able to burn at slower speeds?
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    OK, im just guessimating/assuming here but on the manufactuers website they said their DVD burner is compatilble with 98SE,ME,2000,XP. So, I dont even think the P4 was out when they had 98... that should mean that it will run with the lower specs that you have... do you understand or am i clear as mud?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Sounds reasonable, guess I'll buy it thanks
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Keep in mind that if it doesn't work you can always claim that it was broke en-route and then when they offer to exchange it just say that you couldn't wait and had to end up going out and getting it from "enter store name here".
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I would assume that the specs are based towards the 16 bit aspect of the OS .......
    therefore I would also suspect that if it says it needs a 1.4GHz as a MINIMUM, then a PIII 600 just aint gonna cut it .........

so if you DO buy it, you might need to bookmark JI's post
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

lmao
    *saves as excuse.txt*