13. How do I remove Desktop weather from my desktop?
To remove or uninstall Desktop Weather from your computer, click on "Start" - "Programs" - "The Weather Channel" - "Desktop Weather". Then click on the Uninstall program. Follow the prompts to remove Desktop Weather.
You may also remove the application by clicking on "Start", followed by "Settings", then "Control Panel." Then click on "Add/Remove Programs." From the list, select "The Weather Channel," and then click on "Add/Remove." Follow the prompts to uninstall the application.
To remove Weather Services from your PC, you click on "Start" - "Settings" - "Control Panel". Double click on the "Desktop Weather" weather services icon, then click on the "Uninstall Weather Services" button. This should remove any remaining elements from your system.
14. I seem to be unable to uninstall Desktop Weather from my computer. What can I do?
This is a known issue with the product, and will be resolved in a forthcoming release. Copying the UNWISE.EXE from the Framework folder to the Desktop Weather folder will resolve this issue. The steps are as followed:
1. Go to Start, Programs, Accessories, Windows Explorer.
2. In the left scroll window of Windows Explorer click the + next to My Computer, then click on the + next to C: drive to expand the view.
3. Scroll down that menu until you find the Program Files Folder.
4. Double click on the Program Files folder to expand the view.
5. Scroll down that menu to The Weather Channel FW folder and double click on it to expand the view.
6. Double click on the Framework folder to display the contents.
7. Right mouse click on the icon that says "UNWISE.EXE" on the pop-up menu click on COPY.
8. Go to the tool bar on the window and click the Back button.
9. In that window right mouse click on the "Desktop Weather" folder and in the pop-up menu click on PASTE.
From that point you will be able to proceed as normal with the uninstall.