Urgent Sol. Required. Stuck with AD

Thread: Urgent Sol. Required. Stuck with AD

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar

Post Urgent Sol. Required. Stuck with AD

I am using windows 2003 server, a problem has occured that the users can not logged into the server all the shares from the servers have been unshared and there is no sharing option available.
    When i goto my AD all the list of users is gone, but if i try to connect to domain controller i can but in that my group policies are not there. I wanted to know how i can get those policies back, when i try to add the policy i get this message:

Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name of your computer network. Group policy processing aborted.

Please advice its urgent matter. One thing i cannot restart my system cause this could impact in data lost as we are running a live software across country.
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

I have just caught a virus might be that has block the policy but still can't get the group policies back is there any command to restore them.
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

Do you have anything in your event viewer log?
    It could be DNS issue. Can you run
    dcdiag and post results. Also this happend once
    before to me and i found out i was missing the whole
    netlogon share. Hope this helps

Well event log shows virus, other info init is regarding the domain policy. I have managed to delete the virus but it has somehow effected my directory.

What Virus.. it had a name.. a file name? a clue to the Virus could help in other ways..

also...you do have backups?
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Run dcdiag and post results. Whats the viruse name? Post the event id of policy error
    from your event viewer. You can check them out at http://eventid.net/.
    Check ipconfig/all and check you DNS address. Are you using DHCP to set IP addresses
    for the DC?

Please find the attachment of the dcdiag.

Looks like network problems, they could range from DNS, NetBIOS, MasterBrowser to network related issues. Run DNS diagnostics (netdiag /test:dns)
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...lientsnode.asp

Run checks using repadmin
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...min_syntax.asp

Also try this
    Use NLTEST to test your masterbrowser (nltest /dclist:[domain name].

Check and restart your netlogon service.

Its back to worrking thank you bAgZ for your help and all of you.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL