Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intelligent worm 'chats' to IM users

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar

Unhappy Intelligent worm 'chats' to IM users

found this on vnunet.com :
    A new form of worm has been discovered that 'chats' to users of instant messaging programs to persuade them to download an infected file.
    as if there isn't enought to worry about :
    NOW the bad stuff is ASKING to come aboard

source
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Lessee ... scrolling back in memory ... Marvin Minsky ... The Electronic Cottage ... Artificial Intelligence and Turbo Pascal ... accessing ...

True AI is achieved when the human user can't tell the difference between an interaction with a computer program and an interaction with another human.

Hmmm ... either the programs have gotten much better, or we are dumberererererer.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I vote dumber
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

I blame Tony Blair...................

True AI is achieved when the human user can't tell the difference between an interaction with a computer program and an interaction with another human.
    Eight inches of cold steel generally sorts that? ................you don't get the sparks and the electric shock?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Actually, it's hardly surprising that a computer worm could demonstrate an equal level of intelligence as the average IM user.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Greeting's

I'm not sure if what I've noticed is exactly what the thread is about but never the less it sounds less of a coincidence, I've noticed same user's in many local (city based for e.g. a particular city in a country) being online almost 24 hours and staying in the same room forever also they have their profiles filled with same details as with the other users I've noticed, I never sent a PM to any of them because i found it very suspicious.

Although the article posted here mentions only about AOL I'm sure yahoo is next to report. whatever I've said is about yahoo messenger.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Well, either what you described, ByTeWrangler, is a worm, or a really, desperately socially deprived IM user.

Heck, I've heard there are folks like that on online games. Must have deep pocketses.

come to think of it, what if some intelligent worm posts on forums? weird but possible huh?
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. - Sherlock Holmes

i am NOT a hacker :Þ

Originally posted here by jetherson
    come to think of it, what if some intelligent worm posts on forums? weird but possible huh?
    Hush!

AOs Resident Troll
    Actually, it's hardly surprising that a computer worm could demonstrate an equal level of intelligence as the average IM user.....
    You definately pegged it there Tiger

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer