Apple IPod

Thread: Apple IPod

Apple IPod

... I've been wanting to get an IPod for sometime now but after reading so many complaints about battery problems , screen problems , skipping , heating up and whatnot humm I am not so sure anymore ...

I got a couple of questions though ... Any of you guys own an IPod if so Which one ? What generation ? Have you experienced any problems ? Is there any other portable music player which you would recommend ?

Thanks ...
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

BIOS Bomber
    After awhile they start getting screwy as in, one of my friends had one for a long time then it just died..yes died it wouldent turn on at all. harddrive overheated. but that happend after awhile. Some have problems some dont. i like the good mp3's not the 30 dollar ones. Those might give better results.
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

I have one, the third generation!
    http://www.sharpened.net/images/revi...le_iPod_3G.jpg

The battery life is about 18 monthes, thereafter the battery performance starts do decline!
    It's been like one year and a half now, using it with no problem at all!
    For me it works perfectly,
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I have one (3rd Gen) along with some Etyomic SR6i noise reduction headphones and remote control. I'd die without it.. ok. That's a bit of exaggeration but it's well worth it. I've dropped mine a few times and it's taken it. My only real issue is that the screen got scratched quickly. I'm at a year and half now as well and the battery has been fine. I know I'll have to replace it but it's not that hard based on some of the sites out there (I'll be out of warranty by then, if I'm not already, so voiding the warranty ain't an issue).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thanks guys I really appreciate the responses ... But I think that I'll lay my money on this player [ Sony's MZRH910S Hi-MD™ Walkman® Portable MiniDisc Digital Music Player/Recorder I like the look and has what I need ...

B.T.W. MsMittens those are some nice headphones ... Humm I am browsing through their site [1] and I like what I see ... Thanks ....

[1] Etymotic Research Inc.

Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Hey Hey,

I've got a second generation mini... I swear by it... It goes everywhere with me...

A couple times walking home, I've fumbled and dropped it about five and a half feet.. there's a dent in the casing.. but no problems other than that.. It's about 13 months old now and the battery still lasts more than long enough... If I charge it Sunday night.. I don't need to charge it again... That does me for about 2-3 hours of play time per day and I could run it longer before charging if I so desired..

My buddy has had a 3rd gen, 4th gen and a colour and he loves all of them...

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".