Thread: uninstal problem

uninstal problem

ok i instaled kaspersky 5.0 ver to try it out and all so now time is out i want to uninstal it and all i get to remove is report files and thats it .... so i did it and then i saw new product by them their security suite which i wanted to try out too ... and when i try to instal it it reports that i still got that other kav instaled .... i removed reg keys files uninstaled it and still shows me that ... ist here anyotherway i could remove that ?

if anyone knows please help because formating at this stage wouldnt be such good thing to do just to try out a program

thank you
    Un Seen But Well Heard Of

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    whats your OS? im assuming Xp so, let me ask you how did you uninstall it? did you use add/remove programs tab in the control panel? if you didnt then do that. and if you did and its still not gone then you might have to go into the registry and delete it from there but im not a registry expert so i will let someone else tell you how to do that, i dont want to be responsible if i told you a reg edit and it crashed your computer
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

have your tried re-installing the original version. Than disabling system restore.
    Then uninstalling it once again.?
    once that's done check the c:\program files folder and look for the folder that it used, and just delete the contents that are left then remove any reg entries that it has left behind also..

Don't know if this will work as i've tried it once before and it seemed to work, but this situation might be different..

front2back

no i just went start programs and hit uninstall ... thing is i cleared up registry and all like everything possible and it still shows up .... i will try to reinstal as you said and see if that works if not i dont realy know what other choices do i have to clear this problem

and yes Operating System: (WinXP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build #2600)) ¤ Installed: (XP was installed 11wks 5days 15hrs 34mins 39secs ago) ¤

http://www.kaspersky.com/faq?chapter=170710439

There are some administrative tools that might help.

You might also try reinstalling and then uninstalling in safe mode

Hi didn't notice in your post wether you removed the program files folder, even when you use the add/remove to uninstall, the process not only leaves registry keys, but the folder's you installed the program under remains as well, and inside of these folders, may be files which relate to the trial period and so when you go to renew the trial download it see's this info and basically tells you no no you can't do that.

You have to remove all vestiges of the program, when you do the uninstall from the add/remove...does a window pop up prompting you to respond with either yes/yes to all/no/ no to all, these are usually shared dll's and other program files, which become orphaned on an uninstall.

Also, go to your folder options and select view all files, after you have uninstalled, then go to explorer and remove the folders for that program.

When you installed/uninstalled this program a system restore point is created and the file information becomes part of a system restore point, to make sure all files related to the program you are trying to get rid of, you will have to flush your system restore points.Instructions

Do this in safe mode (turn off system restore) do the uninstall that comes with the program, search the registry for orphaned keys, also remove folders from the program tree, then reboot into normal mode, this will flush your system restore points.

Once in normal mode you can turn on the system restore function and set a manual restore point.

front2back allready mentioned the program folder process, and in most uninstall's that you do from the add/remove function you will get a lot of stuff that remains, even the vendors software won't give you a complete uninstall, which IMO is crap, if they can drop all sorts of files during the installation then they should be able to take it all back out when you want to remove it.

Another thing you can try is Crap Cleaner this will clean up an astonishing amount of crud that has been left behind, over time that your normal disk cleanup fails to do. Also it has a feature called "Issues" when you run this it will find registry problems such as orphaned keys and incomplete uninstalls, also this program has a uninstall feature that may work better then the "add/remove" function...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

ok .... no wway of removing this i tryd everytrhing possible and still its on the stystem i guess im gona have to format to lose this one

thx for help guys