Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems installing IE 7.0 Beta

Problems installing IE 7.0 Beta

hi

I hav an Original Copy of Windows XP with SP2 installed in it!

Earlier, when I installed IE 7.0 beta on my machine, it completed installation without any troubles!

But recently, due to some confusion, I un-installed it. Now, when I try to install it again, Its not able to Validate my copy of Windows.

Although, when I tried to validate my copy, directly thru Microsoft.com, it got validated. Moreover, when I download somethin for Microsoft.com(which requires validation), it validates my windows and gets downloaded without any problems.

But, when I try it with the setup of IE 7.0(i hav the setup at my computer), its not able to validate my windows. And, hence I am not able to install IE 7.0 beta.

So can anyone suggest, wat cud be the problem and how to solve it?

thnx vry much
    CodeNameVirus

Is it a genuine copy of IE? I seem to recall that quite a few websites had it when it first came out, but then Microsoft pulled it, and made it by invitation only?

Also, have you another version of IE on your box? That can certainly cause problems.

hey nihil
    I hav no idea, whether its a genuine copy or not?
    coz, I searched for it on Google and I dont remember the site where I got it from?
    (Ofcourse, it was not Microsoft or an invitation kinda thing)

For the time being, I am using IE 6. But, when I try uninstalling it from the Add/Remove Windows Components, but I found no gud results. I was still able to use the IE(from the shortcut on the desktop)

So, how can I get an Invitation for IE 7.0?
    CodeNameVirus

Maybe become a beta tester for MicroSoft..

I think that you have learnt your lesson from downloading virrii infested programs from a wares site.
    I would run your box in safe mode and do a full system scan using your purchased copy of AntiVirus program and hope that because of this l337 warez you've downloaded that it hasn't secretly installed a back door onto your system..

and maybe wait until it's officialy released or if you are desperate to see what it looks like then just google for screen shots of the new Ie 7..

cheers
    front2back

Maybe become a beta tester for MicroSoft..
    Hi

How can I become a Beta Tester for Microsoft. Wat qualifications do I require for it?

Do, I need to pay somethin to do so? Can someone pass me all the details for it!
    CodeNameVirus

Just for a software , you want to become a beta tester ???? wait they will be out with full edition in some time, or you seriously want to be a beta tester?
    It\'s all about sense of power.

Becoming a Microsoft beta tester.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=833520

I want to be a beta tester, not for a software for sure, everybody knows it'll be out in a montn or two, n that also for free. So that's not the reason. thnx hesperus for the link!!
    CodeNameVirus

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    U better not ask, wat validating is meant by?? Goto www.microsoft.com and read for yourself.
    I know what it means. I also know their is a simple javascript code for WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage) to bypass this little promblem your having.

javascript:void(window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all')
    SO, IF A SOFTWARE ASKS FOR VALIDATING YOUR COPY OF WINDOWS, HOW CAN TELL WHETHER ITS PIRATED ONE OR NOT!!!
    If you didn't buy it or it didn't come with your system when you purchased your system, then its going to be considered as a pirated/illegal copy.

If you downloaded it from "some other site," as you claim, then you should already know it is going to be a pirated version.

BIOS Bomber
    and i always thought Mozilla worked just as well hmmm...firefox is a great browser if you cant get IE 7.0
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.