View Poll Results: Will we see technology that utilizes this capability outside of Academia

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely

2 100.00%
  • Not a Chance

0 0%
  • Who Cares?

0 0%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: So...why the Nic???

Quote Originally Posted by Moira
    Enrique? The guy who sang Escape?

Hmmm not bad, I was going to go with Riff Raff....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Custom User
    My nick (gothic_type) is a font (or at least used to be). I don't remember when I made it, but I just remember having to think up a nick and opening Word. I don't use it anymore other than on here because it sounds pretty childish, and it's always annoying when ppl accuse me of being a goth (more because the nick has nothing to do with that than anything else).

ac

Old Fart
    If this were FARK, the origin of my nic would have an obvious tag beside of it...
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Quote Originally Posted by Moira
    Now you've got me doing anagrams
    *heh* nah... like I said it is an alternate spelling of my name...

weston
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Mine started out simple. Im from Nebraska, and am a fan of the Nebraska Cornhuskers "The Big Red". in 1993 I saw my first nebraska game in Lincoln against Oklahoma. In the game Calvin Jones ran 2 touch downs in which Nebraska was behind its own 20. His number was 44. 2 yrs later I recieved a computer and aol subscription and had to pick a name, which I didnt care about(didnt see the point of a meaningful Nickname), so I picked red44cj. A year later, it was changed to redforty4 and the name has been with me since. at this point(11 years later), I just cant seem to give it up and its how all people Ive known online know me.

Mystery Man....

Well was banned here with my real name. Was addicted to the forum so couldn't leave.

Found myself in the category of superman, Heman, Spiderman and the like so the man came from here.

As for mystery .... it just sounded good.

There goes my nic haha
    \"The Smilie Wars\" ... just arrived after the great crusades

.... computers come to the rescue .... ah technology at last has some use.

I have an obsession with Horror movies, in in particular, the splatter / gore underground hardcore stuff that isn't easy to find. So my name comes from gore as in the type of movie full of gore.

It suits me well unless it's an election year... Otherwise most people realise what is meant by it.

A good page to learn more is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splatter_film

And if you read that and think "Hey this looks neat!" try here for a list of movies that you can search by type of murder:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ry_death_scene

And just because it's funny, because I'm originally from Michigan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gore_Township%2C_Michigan

I'm pretty sure most people know of this stuff but it's almost 4:30 AM and there isn't much to do right now.

PS-

The movies listed on the Splatter movie Wiki entry are actually good; Blood Feast is a good movie and even adds some humor, and Dawn of the Dead, is one of the best movies ever made. My GF bought a Dawn of the Dead 2007 Calander two days ago

My Indian name is Crow-With-No-Wings, a nickname I got for calling crows
    back in my ridgerunning days. I shortened it to brokencrow when I needed
    an avatar.

“Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

well,

I have been a die hard gaming freak and i started this love with the original Unreal way back in 1998-99..it had a level called chizra nali water god and hence the nic

infact quite a few of possessions like my bike, helmet and the pc carry the unreal logo...

cheers
    Hindsight is an exact science.
    MudBubble

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    Hmm, mine was an old yahoo chat nick I created while completely drunk. It sounded funny at the time (stupid vodka). Then I came to AO, didn't feel like thinking of a name so I used this one.
    To be perfectly honest, I wish I could change it now. But short of starting a new account, it looks like I'll be the resident Austin Powers wannabe.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton