Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World War 2 Frontline Command

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

World War 2 Frontline Command

ok here is my question. I bought a game called World War 2 Frontline Command a while ago and just now got around to reinstalling it after a long time of not having it installed. well it asks for some kind of unique code to verify that the game isnt pirated. well i dont have the box with the code anymore! and the company strategy first wont send me another code. what can i do? can i ever play that game again?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Hi Tex,

Basically,

Yes................but, as I happen to like you and am sure that you are genuine I will say DO NOT go for a crack.......tell the game people you will send them back the original CD.....that's proof of ownwership? Use some kind of recorded delivery postage.............

Then if they will not help...............get one of those "no win no fee" litigation outfits on the case?

Warn the toads that is your route

We support Texans over here

Hey man thanx for the advice.... its always good to know i have friends from across The Big Pond :-) i most likely wont go for a crack
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Get the crack AFTER you get the codes.
    Saves having to put the CD into the PC EVERY time
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    If you bought the program legally go for the crack if they don't give you any assistance.

It is cheap, sleazy and pathetic money-grubbing on their part if they don't help you - regardeless of how they came to own your product....

Ethically, I have _no_ problem fsking with companies in this situation.... You paid for it - it should work for you and if it doesn't because of something as silly as throwing away the box they should help you... If they won't then screw them... they already have your money... So you aren't "cracking" their software, you are "coercing" a product you own... There's a difference, trust me.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

i agree with u, i did legally buy the game so i should be able to play it with or without the box ( who keeps those anyway!) they said nothing about needing the code again.

p.s. nihil thanx for the help
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Oh you want a crack for that.. Here it is..

have phun
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

I just wanted to bump this again to see if anyone has any new info..... I really do want to play that game but i dont have that damn serial code so even though i paid for it i cant play it! if anyone knows how to get a new code plz let me know. The serial code was on the box which i put in once when i got the game a while back but i unwittingly threw the box away with the code so now i cant play the game and cant fully reinstall it since i dont have the code. The company Strategy First wont give me another serial code.... they claim it promotes piracy. So, even though i legally bought the game they are punishing me for throwing away the box and now i cant play it. any suggestions? I cant seem to be able to find a crack for the game or a replacement serial code... those seem like the only options to me. grrrrr its frustrating!
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

I'm not into using cracks, but i happened to come across this.
    Don't know if it will work or if it is packed full of virii. So use at your own Risk.!

hope this helps
    front2back

Hi Tex

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, might be worth a try.

http://www.crackdb.com/

My HOSTS file blocked the link that .:front2back:. supplied, don't know if that's a good thing or not?...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson