Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trying To Figure Out A Stranger

Originally posted here by cdkj
    once again AOL proxy servers

No, this does give you the IP.

Banned
    get the person to visit a specially crafted webpage that will get store their ip address to a text file/database/whatever... example below

PHP Code:
    //profile.php or some sort of attractive name that will get the user to click the link
    <?php
       $IP 
    $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

$file fopen("log.txt""w");

fwrite($file$IP);

fclose($file); 
    ?&
    gt
    and yes, aol servers mask direct connection ips so that netstat does not give you the ip.

Hey is this how i treat a newbie?????

we ppl come here to actually learn something...

u arent doing much good by indirectly terrorising us !!!!!!!!

Originally posted here by ShagDevil
    MindyLynne

[sarcasm]
    If someone gets your IP, you're in some serious sh*t. They can empty your bank accounts, read all your emails, take control over your computer, posess your garage door opener, turn your living room lights on and off, make your dog convulse, and give you gas. I recommend disabling your internet connection, turn your lights off, take some Tums, and hide behind the refrigerator.
    [/sarcasm]

[sarcasm]
    A Proxy is a small, indonesian, 3-legged dog, that can bark out the chinese alphabet. They are known to have a bad tempers and will pee incessently upon hearing richard simmons voice on the television. I recommend avoiding these dogs at all costs as not only are they not safe, they have a tendency to eat your eyebrows while you sleep.
    There. That should answer your questions. [/sarcasm]

AOs Resident Troll
    chazz_cs

This is a public forum....and not everyone replied with [sarcasm]

and when ShagDevil did.....he\she let everyone know it was [sarcasm]

There is some excellent advice in this thread

Get over it

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    My initial response was for laughs. Obviously this was taken way out of context and forseen as some kind of ad hominem attack. My apologies to any/all whom were offended as my intentions were simply to make people laugh. I fail to see why humor can't be injected into serious conversations without pissing people off but, so be it.
    chazz_cs,
    u arent doing much good by indirectly terrorising us !!!!!!!!
    Take a chill pill. If you think my sarcastic reply was an indirect form of terrorism, then burning the meatloaf is the apocolypse I suspect?
    alleyCat,
    ShagDevil: Is helping someone is against your religion?
    I would say that 90% of the time my replies are streamlined in order to help people or at least facilitate a solution of sorts.
    In any event, this was not MindyLynne's thread. Situation in mind, I found it insulting that she/he decided to start a thread inside infectedkilljoy's thread. This tends to lead to confusion inside a thread and more often than not, focuses attention away from the subject matter at hand. I could have been a real ***** and negged MindyLynne but I didn't , instead I used the lost art of sarcasm as my reply. If you don't like it, then don't read it.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton