Thread: burning problem

Question burning problem

I have an e machine with double layer burning cd/dvd-burner and I recently added a sony cd-rw/dvd-rom and my problem is before it is all hooked up i can burn movies with the dual burner but when i hook the sony up it will read the dvd but won't recognize the blank for it to write???
    \"If you befriend a person but lack the mercy to correct him, then you are in fact his enemy!!!!\"

RTFM
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Make sure that one is a Master, and the Second one is a Slave.
    If you look on the back you will see this engraved onto the casing.
    Just move the little square thingy's to the right slot.

cheers
    front2back

Just Another Geek
    Originally posted here by .:front2back:.
    Make sure that one is a Master, and the Second one is a Slave.
    If you look on the back you will see this engraved onto the casing.
    Just move the little square thingy's to the right slot.
    Only if they're both on the same IDE cable
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I have an e machine with double layer burning cd/dvd-burner and I recently added a sony cd-rw/dvd-rom and my problem is before it is all hooked up i can burn movies with the dual burner but when i hook the sony up it will read the dvd but won't recognize the blank for it to write???
    Could you clarify this a bit. Which device won't recognise the blank?

What sort of blank media are we talking about (make, type, speed)

.:front2back:. wrote:
    RTFM
    Ok, after spending some time thinking what this could be short for, the only thing that i came up with was Read The ****ing Manual. Is that what you were meaning by that?
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Originally posted here by JewishIntent
    .:front2back:. wrote:

Ok, after spending some time thinking what this could be short for, the only thing that i came up with was Read The ****ing Manual. Is that what you were meaning by that?
    It was
    Black Cluster who wrote that......anyhoo, you can find all sorts of other words here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_slang including RTFM......enjoy
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

ok I am burning movies with dvd x copy in the double layer burner cd/dvd-burner read and write

now when i add the sony cd-burner/dvd rom..... my double layer will read the movie but wont't write the movie anymore doesn't recognize the dvd+r 8x

and i do have it set double layer burner came with comp so that is master and sony slave
    \"If you befriend a person but lack the mercy to correct him, then you are in fact his enemy!!!!\"

Make sure you set the DVD/CD Rom as the Source drive.
    And the DVD Burner as the Destination drive.

front2back