KVM Switch help

Thread: KVM Switch help

KVM Switch help

I finally got the parts in to fix my second box, but am lacking a second monitor. I have been looking for a KMV switch but i have one problem. My mouse and keyboard are a wireless combo that use the same reciever, and that plugs into my box via a usb port. So far all of the KMV switches i have found only have the PS/2 type connections for mouse and keyboard, does anyone know if i can even get a KMV switch that has a usb port on it, and if so anyone have any clue where i can get my hands on one?

As always all help and feedback is appreciated.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

AOs Resident Troll
    Google has about 4,000,000 links....

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=kvm+usb&meta=

Maybe one of those will help

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Here I am spending about 20 minutes looking at best buy, comp usa, circuit city, and other electronics web-sites, looking at ALL of thier switchs, cable kits, and whatnot to find nothing, when all i should have done is google. . . . . i think i need a vacation.

O and thanks for the uber fast response 8-)
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

compUSA has them. they are somewhat common. although you should be careful with them becasue some that are powered via the PS2 ports will not function with out the ps2 ports being connected.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

OK i finally found one that MAY work at compusa.com, and compusa is my store of choice since i have a gift card from the holydays. Here are some issues that I think may come up, but I don't know for sure.
    First off the mfg # of the part in questino is F1DL102U

Now heres what I am worried about. The connectors that go into my computers are fine. There is one usb port needed, and my current mouse/keyboard only need one port total as well. The switch, however, has a seperate usb port for the mouse and keyboard, but my mouse and keyboard are wireless and share the same reciever, so they connect via the same usb port. Will this still work since I am only going to be using one of the input usb ports?
    Benjamin Franklin